• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawn

pretty dull day

finance 'workshop' this afternoon which will be riveting I am sure.

Comment

Well this is fun. It sounds like ClientCo's data centre fire surpression system is about to fail a safety test - the guy has noted that the propellant is out of date and that the (legally mandated) pressure sensors don't work on three of the four tanks (and were never installed on the fourth, which is a factory refit job).

Quite what the effect of this will be I don't know. It doesn't surprise me to find out that yet another part of the infrastructure is knackered though.

Comment

On a brighter note I do have two interviews lined up - one Friday, one Monday - which might well offer a way out of here. 9 months has been quite enough and the atmosphere is starting to get to me a bit.

Comment

Easy! Simply borrow a remainer from General to suck all the oxygen out of the building in the event of a fire.

Comment

Petrol station lunch day, so a return to the M&S 3-for-£7 offers

It’s a miserable sort of day out there, though not actually raining at the moment

And the lurgy persists: my throat has improved slightly, but the rest of me has deteriorated

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Well this is fun. It sounds like ClientCo's data centre fire surpression system is about to fail a safety test - the guy has noted that the propellant is out of date and that the (legally mandated) pressure sensors don't work on three of the four tanks (and were never installed on the fourth, which is a factory refit job).

Quite what the effect of this will be I don't know. It doesn't surprise me to find out that yet another part of the infrastructure is knackered though.
              And about three things more too, including the manual discharge being at the far end of the room (meaning you need to run back through the room now filling with gas to get out after you set it off) as well as more besides. Oh, and the room leaks since they let builders make holes in the ceiling and filled them with porous foam.

All good stuff eh?

Comment

Salad. (Eggs (2), cheese (edam), tomato (ttd orgasmic), lettuce (little gem), cucumber (cut in batons), beetroot (pickled), coleslaw (light version), pepper (yellow)).

Hasn't really made up for the missed samosa, but I can defer that gratification, zen-like, till the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  And about three things more too, including the manual discharge being at the far end of the room (meaning you need to run back through the room now filling with gas to get out after you set it off) as well as more besides. Oh, and the room leaks since they let builders make holes in the ceiling and filled them with porous foam.

All good stuff eh?
                  Sounds like a total cluster-fluff to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Sounds like a total cluster-fluff to be honest.
                    It's pretty much with the standard to which most things here are done. The level of professionalism and care taken over most things is pretty low (in the IT function at least. The rest of the engineers might be different).

It does make for a very easy life but I'm starting to tire of carrying people (and doing FA all day isn't really my style).

Comment

I like doing nothing sometimes, but when it's all the bloody time, it makes life impossible.

Ooh! Breaking news - contracts are exchanged on my new residence. I wonder whether, in the 3 months since I last went there, the overpowering smell of old ladies' piss has left.

Comment

Working...
                      X