• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Deposit monies paid to solicitors for new gaff. I finally managed to a) get hold of them and b) convince them that, yes I do know what i'm talking about and I did owe another £5k in stamp duty. It's incompetence on a scale previously considered impossible for a so called profession.

So it looks like we can all pencil House Price Crash Day in for the 27th October. Don't say you weren't warned

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Two hours ago I was volunteered to help move a bed “down two flights of stairs.” Two = 5. We’re half way down and it’s stuck. Now been told that maybe the bannister wasn’t on when it went up.
      That's the kind of tulip that happens to me. I once lugged a spare bed up 3 flights of stairs for some tenants only to discover it was a waste of time because they were lesbians and would be sharing the bed that was already there.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Varifocals?
        Nope just for computer work so expensible (just about)..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Two hours ago I was volunteered to help move a bed “down two flights of stairs.” Two = 5. We’re half way down and it’s stuck. Now been told that maybe the bannister wasn’t on when it went up.

Is there a guy called Fred there???

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Morning all.

Deposit monies paid to solicitors for new gaff. I finally managed to a) get hold of them and b) convince them that, yes I do know what i'm talking about and I did owe another £5k in stamp duty. It's incompetence on a scale previously considered impossible for a so called profession.

So it looks like we can all pencil House Price Crash Day in for the 27th October. Don't say you weren't warned

Comment

Lunch is some of that roast ribeye in a wholemeal bap

Hope it stays down. The lurgy isn’t much better and my stomach has been muttering darkly all morning. I’m hoping it’s just because it didn’t get much other than chicken soup yesterday

And the return to ClientCo was slightly delayed due to a massive detour to avoid a crash on the A14, as one might expect.

Waiting for me when I made it were several bugs, but they’ve turned out to be pretty easy to deal with. Let’s hope the afternoon goes as smoothly

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Comment

We've just had the Yellow Pages through the door. At a mere 200 pages it's a mere shadow of former times when you could use one as a doorstop.

How things change!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      We've just had the Yellow Pages through the door. At a mere 200 pages it's a mere shadow of former times when you could use one as a doorstop.

How things change!
                      Last yellow pages I had, which was immediately chucked in the recycle bin, was A5 sized and about 200 pages.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X