• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF?! 209 posts deleted

Must be admin removing old FortuneGreen links that have started redirecting to malware

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      WTF?! 209 posts deleted

Must be admin removing old FortuneGreen links that have started redirecting to malware
      I thought Zeity had decided to head to 0 post count.....

Comment

Current status: writing a Twitter bot to send you a DM (Direct Message) reminding you to put the bins out the night before bin day

So far I've got the Twitter account set up, and registered the .com domain name. And I've created an HTTPS API endpoint in Amazon API Gateway, which invokes an AWS Lambda function written in Python. It's just a "hello world" at the moment, but Twitter now allows you to get DMs via webhooks, which is what this will become.

So the Twitter user who wants reminders will follow @BinDayBot and send it a DM saying, for example, "Thursday" and from then on it'll send them a DM on Wednesday evenings telling them to do the bins.

This could be huge
        Bin Dover.com?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight I cooked the huge (around 30oz) bone-in ribeye steak, which involved frying to seal it, then roasting. As the oven was going on anyway, I decided to also experiment with making potato wedges. They turned out brilliantly, and the steak was delicious, though in the end I couldn't even manage half of it so there's loads left

Comment

Oh dear. TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

WTF?! 209 posts deleted

Up to 255 now…

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I thought Zeity had decided to head to 0 post count.....
                Looks like it is Zeity - post #2 is gone

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Up to 255 now…
                    Century - as at some point this post will probably be one
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It isn't an unpleasant morning out there. Except for the fact it's Monday of course. I thought we would all have had to lash ourselves to the mast by this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X