• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The other option is to get an AA solar charger:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Solar-Po.../dp/B00AC1LLQY
    It’s a worthwhile option if your car is parked outside and not used all the time
    Nice charger but some scrote would nick it.

Anyway car is due to be replaced for a petrol model.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Weird old people on my train. Must be their monthly day out.

Also why must some women put make up on?

Comment

She has got a tonne of make up on already. I think it is to hide acne. Unfortunately she looks worse...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The tedium of the afternoon was slightly relieved by a bit of electronicking with a 60kHz bandpass amplifier since I had a bit of a brainwave about my MSF receiver recently.

Instead of toroidal transformers I used a couple of ready made inductors out of the stores and resonated them with some capacitors, also out of the stores.

Twas inneresting to see how the coupling coefficient alters the pass band, just like wot it says in the literature, principally the 1937 version of Fred Terman's tome "Radio Engineering".

I'm quite sure that none of you are in the least innerested but it enlivened an otherwise tedious couple of hours.
          Sounds good to me, though I'd have to spend a while on Wikipedia to work out what it's all about

Comment

More assorted crap, consisting mainly of crap, sorted out. Not a lot of shredding this time, but it's starting to look like I'm actually making a little progress

Comment

Not being particularly hungry after the big fry-up this afternoon, I had a simple tea of a fish finger bap

And in a vague nod to the notion of healthy eating, it was a brown multiseed bap, a packet of which I bought the other day. It was a good job I tried one, as I've found that they shed poppy seeds all over the place, so they're not really suitable for ClientCo as I'd probably jam up my keyboard or something

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's epic was "Arabesque" (1966), Gregory Peck, Sophia Loren, Alan Badel.

Arabesque (1966) - IMDb

It was ok, trying to be "North by Northwest" and failing.

<Gricer mode> It was nice to see the Crumlin Viaduct again in all its glory, shortly before it was demolished.</Gricer mode>

Odd to see Crumlin so close to Berkshire that one might ride one's horse from one to the other in mere moments.

<Even more for Gricer mode>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumlin_Viaduct</Even more for Gricer mode>
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 12 October 2017, 07:44.

Comment

After a bit of the Ambulance thing on iPlayer while I ate my humble fish finger bap, the evening's entertainment proper was the recent(ish) remake of The Manchurian Candidate. It seemed a bit of a slow starter, but once it finally got moving it was pretty good, I thought

I would compare it to the original, but I think it's nearly two years ago that I watched that, so the memory is a bit hazy

And after that, a couple more episodes of The Americans. Though I should really get back to various other series that I've yet to finish, such as Generation Kill of which I have one episode left to watch, and Borgen where I'm (IIRC) one episode into the final series.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X