• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As predicted because I started doing the grass the next week will be lovely warm and dry. So I'm going to have to water it on Monday to stop the moss killer killing everything.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 24 September 2017, 04:35.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tonight's movie feature was The Accountant, in which Ben Affleck plays the eponymous accountant who is also autistic, and is very good with figures if a bit of a perfectionist.

It opens reasonably enough with him greatly reducing the tax bill of a couple who own a farm by identifying legitimate business expense deductions relating to the wife's Plan B. However it transpires that in addition to his valuable and important work assisting small businesses, he's also involved in checking the books for just about every large scale criminal syndicate, cartel, terrorist organisation, and suchlike on the planet, and is a highly trained killer to boot, so things rapidly develop far beyond claiming an allowance for use of part of the home for business purposes.

I thought it was excellent, even if some of the deductions identified might only be applicable under the US Tax Code and therefore of purely academic interest to a British audience

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's movie feature was The Accountant, in which Ben Affleck plays the eponymous accountant who is also autistic, and is very good with figures if a bit of a perfectionist.

It opens reasonably enough with him greatly reducing the tax bill of a couple who own a farm by identifying legitimate business expense deductions relating to the wife's Plan B. However it transpires that in addition to his valuable and important work assisting small businesses, he's also involved in checking the books for just about every large scale criminal syndicate, cartel, terrorist organisation, and suchlike on the planet, and is a highly trained killer to boot, so things rapidly develop far beyond claiming an allowance for use of part of the home for business purposes.

I thought it was excellent, even if some of the deductions identified might only be applicable under the US Tax Code and therefore of purely academic interest to a British audience

Goodnight all
        Erm... well my accountant carries on like that. And i'm pretty certain that NLUK's does too, given the reverence he obviously holds him in. Is your accountant a bit of a pussy Nick? Tut tut.

I thought it was an ok film too. I liked his getaway trailer - IIRC that looked ideal material for taking up 4 permies parking spaces at ClienCo

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

So a bit light on fresh approaches to IR35 but very instructive on the use of the Barrett M82A1 and anything firing .45ACP or .357 Mag.

Sounds like my sort of film.

Hope the aspect ratio was correct. One wouldn't want to be held "Hostage" over that & spend the first 20 minutes trying unsuccessfully to get it right.

Comment

Morning all Clear blue skies, I’ve taken The Dog (tw) out for her morning exercise (down to the chickens and back) and is now snoozing.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Morning all Clear blue skies, I’ve taken The Dog (tw) out for her morning exercise (down to the chickens and back) and is now snoozing.
              Really pleased for you that she's home. How's she getting on?

Comment

Blue and sunny here too.

No chance of going out as today is marathon day and as the route goes past two sides of the house most of the roads around here are shut.

Time to go out and I cheer for a bit later I don't know how they manage to run so far - currently well beyond my endurance limit!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out there, at least for now

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Really pleased for you that she's home. How's she getting on?
                    Showing very few signs of being in pain, but sometimes her back legs slip a little. Not too worried at this stage as she’s only 5 days after surgery on her spine and is currently on nerve blockers, pain killers and antibiotics.
                    In the mornings it’s hard to convince her she needs to calm down, but once the drugs kick in, it’s easier to get her just to lie down and take it easy.

Biggest problem is that she is not allowed to go up or down stairs for 6 months, which is a bit of a problem when your ground floor is on 5 different levels (Old house, only a couple of steps up/down) and she is used to sleeping upstairs, so we’re doing a lot of carrying.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Showing very few signs of being in pain, but sometimes her back legs slip a little. Not too worried at this stage as she’s only 5 days after surgery on her spine and is currently on nerve blockers, pain killers and antibiotics.
                      In the mornings it’s hard to convince her she needs to calm down, but once the drugs kick in, it’s easier to get her just to lie down and take it easy.

Biggest problem is that she is not allowed to go up or down stairs for 6 months, which is a bit of a problem when your ground floor is on 5 different levels (Old house, only a couple of steps up/down) and she is used to sleeping upstairs, so we’re doing a lot of carrying.
                      Which she will get use to...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X