• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll be unsurprised to know that I've still got the 2nd hard drive I ever bought, a 40Mb Seagate MFM with Dos3.3 on it.

It booted the last time I tried it but rattled like it was full of loose bolts.

I think the low level format has gradually vanished over the last 25 years or so.

IIRC I got stuff off it some 10 years ago, but what I did with the floppies is anyone's guess.

In another small tragedy, the antithump circuit in the ZeitPowertranLinsleyHood75W amplifier has failed after a mere 40 years or so.

I may have to take the top off it & have a firkle about inside coz it's stopping me listening to the Archers.

The feckwhits at various places I've worked have tried the log every 10 minutes of your time thing.

I've successfully ignored it completely unlike some of the more anally retentive colleagues.

The ZeitTea was M&S chunky ?cod? in batter. I've just burned the box so I'm not sure.

I think it was cod, but it might have been haddock.

The first pass of washing has been processed, the 2nd pass is in the drier, and the 3rd pass is in the washing machine.

I wonder if anyone else does their washing on a Friday evening.

Suppose it could be worse, it might be a Saturday evening which would say even worse things about the sheer unadulterated excitement of what passes for my life.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 22 September 2017, 18:45.

Comment

Finally finished for the day and on my way out. Watching the BTP take down the details of some guy who was trying to evade his fare. If he was 15 minutes later he would have got away with it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's raining now, or at least showering

I'd forgotten about the roast pork from Monday, which has been sitting quietly in the bottom of the fridge. It looks and smells fine, so that's going to be the cornerstone of tonight's dinner

Comment

God I feel old. There are young women wearing very tiny skirts with shoes. I took to wearing long boots in my 20s as then my tights had less chance of getting snagged.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I'd forgotten about the roast pork from Monday, which has been sitting quietly in the bottom of the fridge. It looks and smells fine, so that's going to be the cornerstone of tonight's dinner
            And, along with the usual roast spuds, Yorkshire puds, peas, and gravy, it was very nice indeed

Comment

This evening's entertainment, other than that provided by the washing machine and tumble drier, was "Raging Bull" (1980) with Robert de Nero and Joe Pesci.

Raging Bull (1980) - IMDb

I didn't enjoy it much, but apparently it's a "must see" film.

I find I don't much enjoy any of Scorsese's movies.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                This evening's entertainment, other than that provided by the washing machine and tumble drier, was "Raging Bull" (1980) with Robert de Nero and Joe Pesci.

Raging Bull (1980) - IMDb

I didn't enjoy it much, but apparently it's a "must see" film.

I find I don't much enjoy any of Scorsese's movies.
                its in the pile.

I must admit I like a few of his.

anyone who Produced Peter Gabriel has to be good. There is a man who likes to get it right.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's film was Our Brand Is Crisis, featuring Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton as American political operatives working for opposing presidential candidates in Bolivia. It was really rather good, with some very funny moments as well as a decent chunk of tension and drama.

And as I forgot to mention it, last night's viewing was a couple more episodes of The Americans, including the one involving John Hinckley's assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan.

No need to set an alarm for tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Few years back I found some old payslips from my saturday work at Morrisons. £1.98 an hour to clean the oven fresh ovens. It was time and a fifth on a Sunday IIRC

Saw The Limehouse Golem last night. Plot twist at the end made me wish i'd not bothered. Bill Nighy's face muscles must have had other work on and couldn't make it.

Comment

Sunny morning here, which is good because i'm awaiting a stonemason to come and demolish my garden wall. Plan is to get it down and the stone cleaned today with the footings laid, then rebuild tomorrow. There are 3 inch thick tables (I think they're called that, coping stones if not) capping the top of it, which i'm quite nervous about being left overnight as there's quite a market in stolen stonework, especially the worked stuff like that. Although there's a working quarry nearby, the stuff i've bought from there before was both expensive and only half the thickness of these pieces. Probably be more than a grand if I had to try and replace them

Very much like this example - there's only 1 because it's from a story about them being nicked from Mirfield library..

Comment

Working...
                      X