• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penultimate Friday dash to the car on this gig, should I say

Comment

nice and sunny still, here in the sarf

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        nice and sunny still, here in the sarf
        Not for long.

Comment

That's a couple of storage boxes gone through, and reduced to one storage box

It could be reduced considerably further if I didn't have a vague feeling that I really ought to hang on to things like the payslips from a job I left in 1999

Doesn't half dry your lips and throat out though, sorting through old paper. I assume it's the microscopic dust flying off as the sheets are disturbed. I've spent maybe two hours on it, and was completely parched

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Doesn't half dry your lips and throat out though, sorting through old paper. I assume it's the microscopic dust flying off as the sheets are disturbed. I've spent maybe two hours on it, and was completely parched
            I tend to get parched on a Friday afternoon too. Dangerous that. May I suggest a beer?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I tend to get parched on a Friday afternoon too. Dangerous that. May I suggest a beer?
              WFHS +1000

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It could be reduced considerably further if I didn't have a vague feeling that I really ought to hang on to things like the payslips from a job I left in 1999
                I've got them going back to 1973. And overtime forms from 1974 to 1978.

I think that was the last overtime I ever worked*.

*Mostly because all overtime since then has been free, gratis & for nothing. Thusly they don't fecking get any. I suspect the worst was the company in Cwmbran where 50 and 60 hour weeks were quite common. When I wanted paying for some I got made redundant.

Comment

Another two boxes reduced to one box

Mainly electronics stuff that I've kept from those. There's an 80GB hard drive from the days when 80GB meant something. No idea what's on it, and I can't find my external HD thing, which is presumably in another box

It might be one from the old PowerMac that self-destructed. (The drive did, not the PowerMac. I've still got that… hasn't been turned on in years, but I don't like to get rid of it.)

Comment

Oh, and the Apple TV 4K has finally been set up, or rather has set itself up. As with the previous version, you connect it to the mains and the telly, then unlock your iPhone while near it. The phone asks if you want to set up this new Apple TV it's just spotted in the vicinity, you confirm that you do, and the Apple TV gets everything it needs to connect to your wireless network and link up with your iTunes account all by itself over Bluetooth. Takes about a minute, and you're good to go

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      And overtime forms from 1974 to 1978.
                      I found a half-completed internal timesheet from the job I left in 1999. I suspect I was taking the piss because it's ludicrously detailed, with five-minute gaps that are obviously when I went to make a coffee or whatever, and highly precise descriptions of which specific aspects of the project I was working on. It was an ecommerce site for BT to sell ISDN2 lines and could all have just been listed as "BT project".

I can't really remember now, but I think the boss had some idea of getting us to carefully itemise everything, then got annoyed at the level of irrelevant detail we were providing and allowed us to use a bit of common sense instead

Comment

Working...
                      X