• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Please hand your contractor (and mod) badges back to security...
    The expenses claim went in, but not the invoice for time. I have an excuse!
    The company got a new computer and as yet I haven’t transferred the invoicing information over to it.

Will raise the invoice now, then transfer everything over later.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home again, complete with Apple TV 4K 64GB

And the usual shopping.

And I finally caught the car-washing Eastern Europeans not on their lunch break, so the car has been cleaned

And just to let me know they haven't forgotten about me, the gods of traffic annoyances arranged a broken-down Range Rover in the inside lane at the end of the dual carriageway towards town from the motorway/retail nexus, adding a few minutes to the journey back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And I finally caught the car-washing Eastern Europeans not on their lunch break, so the car has been cleaned
        Though they seemed a little short-handed. One of them was walking by as I got out of the car, so I made arrangements with him. I didn't really need that much stuff, and they usually want about twenty-odd minutes, so I dawdled round Sainsbury's, and stocked up on things like freezer bags and suchlike just to pass the time. Then the self-checkout was having one of its spells, so that delayed things a bit.

So I left having spent about twenty-five minutes in store, trundled the trolley back to the car… and they hadn't started yet

Anyway, the chap scuttled back within a minute or so and told me it'd just be ten more minutes, and set to work. So I unloaded the trolley and took it back, then wasted a minute sorting the other trolleys in the trolley bay into the correct arrangement. Then I hung around by the car, catching up on Twitter on my phone, while he did the cleaning. Not as if I was in a big rush anyway, so I wasn't that bothered

Speaking of standing around outdoors, it's a sunny day now, with a bit of a cool breeze so it's not too hot. Very pleasant all in all

It was probably my last opportunity to appreciate the summer, as it ends at 20:02 UTC this evening, 21:02 BST

Comment

Judging by the temperature in here today it's already ended.

Comment

Salad for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Salad for lunch
              And are you going to have some food as well?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                <---

Nearly time for fish and chip day in the ClientCo canteen.
                Fish and chips from a proper restaurant

I did work somewhere once which did a passable F&C lunch in the canteen. £2.50 - you had to make sure you got there nice and early to ensure fresh produce, otherwise it'd be pot luck.

Comment

Having returned from lunch, there isn't a single solitary person from my team here.
                  - 2 holidays
                  - 1 WFH
                  - 1 Gone for an operation
                  - 1 Fecked off elsewhere to do permie stuff

Having seen my bit of the project downgraded from priority 2 to 3 during the course of this week, and having found the entire bunch of business reps have been shipped out to India and are incommunicado, there is little chance i'll finish my spec this side of Christmas, let alone by 4pm.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    <---

Nearly time for fish and chip day in the ClientCo canteen.
                    Hmm it's fish n chip day in our client co canteen too...

so I had fish, chip mushy peas n gravy.

and it were reet good too!

Comment

I hope you lot are planning some exercise this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X