• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Question of the day... did I invoice the agent for August’s work?

Please hand your contractor (and mod) badges back to security...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

flu shot done

Comment

<---

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          This evening's entertainment, in addition to the changing of the bulb (60W tungsten) in the PIR outside light following its demise yesterday
          Curiously I replaced the existing Tesco 60W bulb with a GE Heavy Duty 60W bulb which is noticeably redder than the previous one.

Which means it's giving less light & more heat for the same amount of energy.

<ZG in "bored tulipless" mode>

Just had to turn on the light in here because the sun has no longer got his hat on.

It was blue sky from horizon to horizon earlier, now, as per forecast, it's getting greyer & more overcast by the second.

Just as well I brought the brolly this morning.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 22 September 2017, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Curiously I replaced the existing Tesco 60W bulb with a GE Heavy Duty 60W bulb which is noticeably redder than the previous one.

Which means it's giving less light & more heat for the same amount of energy.

<ZG in "bored tulipless" mode>
            Sitting in a meeting.

PM: this is a big issue
            Me: What is the issue
            PM: It’s big.
            Me: I don’t think so
            PM: No, it’s really big
            Me: Explain it
            PM then describes 4 different things claiming they are all the same issue.
            I then ask for 2 tests to be done. 3 of the issues can be explained as “Microsoft Windows working the same way it has for the last 10+ years and nothing to do with anything we have done”
            The final issue only occurs in one version of Internet Explorer (which has been tweaked), but not in Chrome, Firefox or un-tweaked IE.
            Nothing to do with anything we have done.
            PM still convinced that we have to fix it.
            I’ve explained that the techies need to fix the tweaks they put in IE. Nope, he says we need to fix it.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If there’s one thing worse than dog farts, it’s dog farts when the dog is on carpofen, cephalexin and gabapentin.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If there’s one thing worse than dog farts, it’s Project Managers
                FTFY

Comment

If there’s one thing worse than dog farts, it’s dog farts when the dog is on carpofen, cephalexin and gabapentin.
                  At least its a fart and not a follow through.

Comment

When our pooch went under the knife and had metacam - she had a bad reaction to this.
                    Had to go back to vets, pay for more painkillers and consultation.

However the cost was probably only a "couple nights stay at hotel supervet"

Comment

<---

Nearly time for fish and chip day in the ClientCo canteen.

Comment

Working...
                      X