• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Back in the hall after lunch, and somebody is sat in the seat I was in

You don't get this problem at the Boring Conference. Frankly, it's not British
    Even worse, this means I'm probably now sat where somebody else was. You see how the knock-on effects cascade, ending up making everyone look bad? This is why we have unspoken rules

Comment

Watching Goon. I remember why I stopped watching it before.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's truly unBritish to take someone else's seat.

We should send a gunboat.

In other news, the crusty sockpuppet is still on about CT & VAT Specifically In General.

In other other news, the lovely Simpsonsesque weather terminated shortly before I was going to dig the spuds up.

As a result I've put up the new wall cupboard in ZeityTowers.

Oddly enough, it seems to have gone well and hasn't caused problems with the door to the hall. (ooooo, get me, I've got a hall. ).

Naturally enough, as well as drilling through the black tulipe plaster, I seem to have drilled into the mortar course rather than brick.

Much the same as the corner cupboard, so I don't suppose it matters a lot. <distant sound of collapsing cupboard is heard>

The ZeitTea today was a rather nice fillet of rainbow trout (Morrisons, reduced) with assorted veg.

It just struck me that the black tulipe plaster is covered in a layer of what looks like artex.

I just bet it's the kind of artex that had asbestos in it, back in the day.

Too late now.

It's been nice knowing you all.

Apart from some.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Watching Goon. I remember why I stopped watching it before.
        Never heard of it, but the imdb thing seems a bit discouraging.

I've got the NZ motorway cops thing to watch next.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 16 September 2017, 17:05.

Comment

Home!

It was pretty good, all in all.

I made the mistake of allowing Google Maps to direct me back to the motorway, and it took me up through Camden and over to Finchley Road, joining the M1 at the very beginning. My God, that's a terrible journey! The roads around the Swiss Cottage and West Hampstead area are terrible, and the bit by the start of the M1 is an absolute nightmare to navigate, even with a robot voice to guide you

In future I'm going over to Islington and up the A1 to get on at J3 J2. It may take twenty-five minutes longer, but at least most of the roads make sense, and the odd bits that don't are reasonably forgiving. Also, I know that route well so even the confusing bits are manageable

On the bright side, it reminded me that the late Alan Coren used to make a point of mentioning on Radio 4 that he lived in Cricklewood, purely because it annoyed some of his neighbours who liked to tell people that they lived in West Hampstead
          Last edited by NickFitz; 16 September 2017, 18:51. Reason: J3 doesn't exist… one of the ghost junctions.

Comment

Stopped watching Goon and watched The Red Pill. I can only conclude that people in their early 20s shouldn't make documentaries unless it is specifically about something they have properly lived.

Now watching Uncle Nino which is a made for TV feel good film.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

watching 'swarm' on beeb 4
              thought provoking, for me, anyway

Comment

Not that hungry after the chicken at lunchtime, so just a fish finger butty for tea - and it was absolutely delicious

What with the bins yesterday and London today, I haven't had a proper lie-in yet this weekend. I think I'll need an early night tonight, and have no intention of setting an alarm

Comment

The ZeitDIY has involved putting up another wallcupboard, and even getting the doors to match, putting up a "floating shelve" using 10 screws instead of the suggested 5, and installing 3 "undercabinent linked lights" in the cubbyhole that contains the cooker.

The 3 lights are now lighting said cubbyhole up like a lighthouse, so I may have gone a bit overboard on that.

I'll certainly be able to see what I'm cooking & no mistake.

The floating shelf is supposed to support 25kg, but I don't think that I'd trust those brackets.

It's only going to have saucepans on top of it any way, and you'd need a shedload of cast iron ones to amount to 25kg.

That lot being the first feature, the 2nd was S1E6 of "Person of Interest" which is in the process of introducing us to Mr Elias.

It's also getting much colder.

It's a balmy 17 deg C in here at the moment.

Almost reaching electric blanket temperatures.

The NZ Motorway cop thing was reasonably amusing, though I've seen them before.

The lune driving a flatbed truck at about 90mph sideways down a sliproad was pretty good, as was the Indian nurse driving the Wrong way down an on ramp, not to mention the drunks.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 16 September 2017, 22:17.

Comment

I caught a bit of some programme about the police in Lincoln, which was described as "a hotbed of crime and violence", while eating my butty

Goodnight all

Comment

Oh dear. TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X