• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22nd November 1963 2017.

Budget day.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      get the Pali
      Nice pali!
      Last edited by NickFitz; 15 September 2017, 17:50. Reason: No, sodding autocorrect, I was not praising eek's bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        22nd November 1963 2017.

Budget day.
        No need for that. Some of us have booze and fag bills to service, as well as contracting and BTL businesses.

Better get stockpiling the lube.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Oh ye of little faith! Four boxes dealt with

Well, three-and-a-half: the last one has clothes in it, and I can only fit half of them in the washing machine at a time.

Though once they're clean, or at least no longer musty, a fair few will be going down the clothes bank.

And of the other three boxes, one was almost empty, and all of them were mainly holding stuff that had been put in there so I could decide what to keep, what to recycle, and what to chuck. Almost all of it is either recycle or chuck, as it turns out, and the keepers are things like stationery that I've bought but never used, so at least it doesn't take up too much room
          Well done
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You lot should be thankful that, despite being exempted from income tax by law, you're not obliged to make the equivalent payment 'voluntarily' at the insistence of the court of public opinion.

Yet.

Comment

Having sorted out some more boxes and a pile of assorted crap (including boxes), I felt a bit peckish, so I decided on a drastic change to my routine

I was going to fill the car on the way to the motorway tomorrow morning, but I figured I could do without the hassle first thing. So I went to Sainsbury's, though I used a basket and only bought a single bag's worth of stuff. I should do that more often when that's all I need

Then I filled up the car and, on the way home, stopped off at a chip shop about half-a-mile away that has always had a good reputation - it needs it, as it's next to one of the rougher council estates, so the last thing they need is an unhappy customer. Anyway, it's probably ten years since I was last there, but I can report that the fish and chips are excellent

Unbelievably huge portions, too. I was well hungry before I started. Now I'm too full to handle a single chip more, and there's still more than half of it left

Comment

Disappointed with the pork chops in the slow cooker. They managed to have a dry texture, which i can only put down to all the fat being leached out into the jus (cider). The leftover cider was nice, but overall, i'm too upset to talk about it. I might nip round to nicks and nab his leftover council chips.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Disappointed with the pork chops in the slow cooker. They managed to have a dry texture, which i can only put down to all the fat being leached out into the jus (cider). The leftover cider was nice, but overall, i'm too upset to talk about it. I might nip round to nicks and nab his leftover council chips.
                  Mmmm not enough fat on the pork chops or they were too expensive.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lobbed a couple of tweets at right wing idiots, sorry, Americans, now TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Google Maps is uncertain how long travelling to London tomorrow will take, suggesting it'll be from ninety minutes to two-and-a-half hours

Either way, I need to be up early, so it's time for an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X