• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Changeable weather here today: very grey and gloomy earlier, now quite sunny

Comment

Oh great now I know British Gas via Equifax have allowed by data to be hacked.

British Gas overcharged me so they have just sent me a cheque.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        FTFY.

In other news, Zeity is more or less in agony today.

The withdrawal symptoms from the ibuprofen are not pleasant.

I can see how people get addicted to this tulip.

Oh, and that bolt I couldn't undo on Friday?

Well after a weekend soaking in WD40, I still can't undo it.

Heating it with a lighter did nothing, as did cooling it with freezer spray.
        clamp a mole wrench on it and smack it with a mallet

Comment

Links are up

Torrential downpour here while I was putting them together, but now it's sunny again

Comment

Being trolled by the weather and urban infrastructure. Went to the cob shop in a t-shirt as it was bright sunshine out; emerged a few minutes later to a grey sky and continuous light drizzle, and the pedestrian crossing was just ending the green man phase, forcing me to wait for ages to get across the road

On the bright side, I have a bacon cob

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Being trolled by the weather and urban infrastructure. Went to the cob shop in a t-shirt as it was bright sunshine out; emerged a few minutes later to a grey sky and continuous light drizzle, and the pedestrian crossing was just ending the green man phase, forcing me to wait for ages to get across the road

On the bright side, I have a bacon cob
              Yeah i look out of the window and think time for a smoke

by the time I have got to the ground floor - horizontal rain

ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                clamp a mole wrench on it and smack it with a mallet
                It'd have to be a very narrow molewrench, the bit that's spinning is a nut insert with a socket cap screw loctited (I assume) into it.

Very little purchase available.

If I'd remembered I'd have brought the one I used to use for brake drum springs in, but I forgot.

The WD40 has made the nut insert spin even more readily.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  It'd have to be a very narrow molewrench, the bit that's spinning is a nut insert with a socket cap screw loctited (I assume) into it.

Very little purchase available.

If I'd remembered I'd have brought the one I used to use for brake drum springs in, but I forgot.

The WD40 has made the nut insert spin even more readily.
                  ah, - without seeing it, can you jam something between the insert and the inside wall of the hole ??
                  Last edited by BR14; 11 September 2017, 12:41.

Comment

Picked up a load of half price meat from Waitrose. I likes a bargain me.

Comment

Suppose I'd better head out and run the errands that didn't get done on Friday for medical reasons

Comment

Working...
                      X