• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably ought to point out that, much like Nick's balloon knot, twitter is not something I have any direct experience of.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Sounds like ideal twitter fodder to me, the amount of tulipe which appears to be spouted on there.
      Unfortunately the hospital is one of those modern buildings that acts as a Faraday cage - I tried checking for a signal when I was waiting, and there was only a very weak one near windows and nothing further inside

I had the same problem when I was in the Coronary Care Unit there, otherwise the links would have been posted from my hospital bed on the Monday rather than a day late when I got home
      Last edited by NickFitz; 8 September 2017, 18:40. Reason: Adding links :-)

Comment

Did they inflate your bowel with CO2?

It lets you do an almighty fart when it's all over.

Glad to hear that you're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Did they inflate your bowel with CO2?

It lets you do an almighty fart when it's all over.

Glad to hear that you're ok.
          They did, but no massive farts yet - I think some managed to escape when they were withdrawing the device, but judging by the rumblings within, the rest of it is still floating around in the unusually empty space. I daresay it'll emerge pretty soon, now eating has got the peristalsis going

Speaking of which, tea has been some of the steak and Guinness casserole from the other week, with chips and peas; and, once again, very nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Anyway, the whole process proves that I was right to bury my head in the sand and assume that I had a haemorrhoid, rather than some terrible bowel disorder, because they reckoned the thing was in perfectly fine condition other than that
            Sounds like good news Eat more bran.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Sounds like good news Eat more bran.
              I'm already subjecting myself to brown bread quite frequently, that's quite enough of that sort of thing

Comment

Tonight's televisual entertainment started with a bit of the Australian police thing while eating my dinner. I like having something like that on while eating - it's reasonably entertaining, and it doesn't matter if you're not paying much attention as it'll be repeated a thousand times anyway

Then I marked the fact that today is the 36th anniversary of the broadcast of the first episode of Only Fools and Horses by watching that. Still good after all these years

Del: "The French have a word for people like me!" Rodney: "Yeah, the English have got a couple of good ones too."

And then I further marked the fact that today is also the 51st anniversary of the broadcast of the first episode of Star Trek (in the USA; it was actually first broadcast two days earlier in Canada, but that apparently doesn't count) by watching that, in the new(ish) restored HD version on Blu-ray, which I bought a while ago on principle but hadn't unwrapped yet. The HD scan of the film is very good, and the new CGI special effects shots are also very good IMHO, though the disc offers the option of switching back to the originals if you're a purist. I haven't watched a TOS episode in a fair few years, and I thought it held up very well

Anyway, what with the bins first thing, and then all the medical brouhaha, I think I'm about ready for an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

This evening's entertainment consisted of the special features, such as they were, of "Dr Strangelove", followed by "Faster" with Dwayne Johnson and Billy Bob Thornton.

Faster (2010) - IMDb

I'd never heard of it but it's an enjoyable vengeance type thing.

I'm quite surprised at how effective Dwayne Johnson is, now I've watched several of his movies.

Comment

Having just watched Django Unchained, it's TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X