• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Oh I thought she changed it on a restaurant table. Manager is a prick.

Edited to say - baby had chickenpox and she was out with other mothers and kids. How nice of her....
    When I contrast the 3 or 4 blisters my niece had with the way I and my sister were plastered all over with the damn things, if you're gonna get chickenpox then get it young.

Comment

Home!

Not a bad run back, including the coveted crossing of the first border before 5pm

Comment

It's 20 years since I got made redundant last and thusly 20 years since I started contracting.

Naturally enough, the ZeitJonahEffect has effectively shut a lot of those places. .

The one in Bristol: gone.

The one in Pontypridd: gone.

The one in Cheltenham: gone.

The one in Rugby: gone.

The one in Southampton: gone.

The one in St. Mellons, Cardiff, is still there but owned by someone else.

The one in Mitcheldean: still there.

The minimum wage place in Ystradgynlais fixing fruit machines: gone (but resurrected in the usual way).

The tuliphole where I've worked since 2005: still there but now ruled by a psychopath in Carmarthen.

Prior to all of that:

And then there's 3M in Gorseinon: doesn't make tape anymore, other than the masking tape it's made since 1952.

Siliconix: now a housing estate.

The radiotelemetry place in Brynmawr: gone.

The places I worked in Cwmbran are still there as far as I know, which must prove sommat.

Oh, and the nutjob I worked for in Cwm Ebbw Vale ended up in prison. The ZeitJonahEffect with knobs bells and whistles on.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 22 August 2017, 17:18.

Comment

In other news, the heat has been unbearable this afternoon as I installed more shelving in the garage, and then, in a fit of insanity, decided to mow the lawns.

Totally & abjectly knackered now.

The ZeitTea consisted of kedgeree which incorporated the atlantic pollock that I defrosted & cooked at lunchtime.

Thusly it had time to absorb some of the water that had frozen out of it during its long sojourn in the freezer, fridge, and freezer again.

2011 must have been a good year to lay down atlantic pollock.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 22 August 2017, 17:22.

Comment

There's a bath lying on its side in the back yard that wasn't there when I left this morning

I must admit, I had a quick look in the bathroom when I got up to the flat on the off chance the landlord was playing silly buggers, but it's not mine.

Comment

Someone has fecked with my crap bike.

Luckily I have to take it to the bike doctor anyway.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea, just for a change

Comment

Just been out the back, and there were a few spots of rain. From the forecast, it's just getting its hand in ready to put on a big show for my journey to the East tomorrow

The downstairs back flat is in darkness, which when added to the appearance of the bath out there makes me wonder if they've moved. They were a pleasant enough young couple on the odd occasions I bumped into them in the hall, but they recently got a dog which they've been allowing to crap all over the gravel area of the back yard

On those grounds alone, I wouldn't be sorry to see them leave, though I might miss the strong smell of grass that comes wafting out of their living room window on warm evenings

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Following yesterday's first feature of "The Bank Job", today has brought the possible delights of "The Hatton Garden job".

The Hatton Garden Job (2017) - IMDb

I'm taking notes.

Oh dear(tm).

It's got dreadful reviews.
                      Not sure why, I thought it was pretty good.

No violence, no one got killed.

More amusing than a lot of "comedies" I've seen recently.

Some of the reviewers seemed to think it should have been a documentary.

Comment

Working...
                      X