• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Have they claimed it "causes less disruption" to do it during the school holidays?
    I haven't dare ask.

I have asked twice why the gas and water have left big holes in major roads with no workman doing anything for a week or two. The reply was both times along the lines of we did that bit faster than planned and don't have access to the machine to do the next bit until 3 weeks later.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Suppose I'd better go and do the shopping. I don't really need very much so it'll probably be one of those times when I end up with a trolley containing more beer than anything else
      ah what I term a 'successful trip'.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I haven't dare ask.

I have asked twice why the gas and water have left big holes in major roads with no workman doing anything for a week or two. The reply was both times along the lines of we did that bit faster than planned and don't have access to the machine to do the next bit until 3 weeks later.
        I am a great fan of charging utilities inconvenience fees when they do this.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Very odd it just rained.

Now it is sunny.

Comment

Very odd it just rained.

Now it is sunny.
            lived in UK long, have you??

Comment

Just went for a walk, up to Greggs and back for a chicken bake

It started raining on me as I left the shop, and then stopped as I got home

Very odd it just rained.

Now it is sunny.
              that

Comment

Email from Eon: we need to increase your monthly direct debit from £61 to £146.

So, I look at the last reading, which they claim to have taken 2 days ago.
                Nope, they didn't.
                They estimated it and decided that it should be 2,000 units more than it actually is.

I've now submitted an actual reading, which means my DD should go from £61 to maybe £61.50.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Gosh.

It's just stopped tipping in down in proper murrain of beasts fashion & now the sun's out again.

I think it's done that at least a dozen times since I got home at about 11:45 this morning.

The ZeitLunch was a tin of beans (Heinz) with little sausages, augmented by one of those sage & onion sausage rolls from yesterday.

It was very nice.

The washing machine is currently on the third load, whilst the drier is on its 2nd.

It's amazing how much fluff accumulates on the drier filters.

And, due to the accumulated pile of rubbish in the grate exceeding about 2 foot 6, there's been a nice ZeitFire to get rid of it all.

Oh the joy of an open fire.

Comment

Just started to rain here. Hoping it's a brief shower
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Email from Eon: we need to increase your monthly direct debit from £61 to £146.

So, I look at the last reading, which they claim to have taken 2 days ago.
                      Nope, they didn't.
                      They estimated it and decided that it should be 2,000 units more than it actually is.

I've now submitted an actual reading, which means my DD should go from £61 to maybe £61.50.
                      I finally read my meters after 3 months.

My electricity bill is less than what was estimated last time.

When this use to happen with EDF they would think I was fiddling the meter every time I gave them a lower reading.

Comment

Working...
                      X