• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Watching Panorama on drunk people acting up on planes.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Appears Germans are piss heads as well.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dinner has been chicken and veg soup - not the one I made a week or so ago, but the one from a month or two ago - and, of course, croutons; and it was delicious

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There was what looked like a mosquito flying around in the bathroom. One or more of those buggers got into my bedroom during the hot weather recently and bit the crap out of me, so I've adopted a zero tolerance policy. Fly spray has been deployed, and the bathroom door is firmly closed on the damn thing.

Goodnight all

Comment

This evening's first feature was, as predicted, "Ice" an 87th Precinct mystery, which was enjoyable enough to justify its 50p cost, especially since it has allowed me to achieve completion of the 3 available episodes.

Ed McBain's 87th Precinct: Ice (TV Movie 1996) - IMDb

This was followed by, wait for it, wait for it, "Pelham One Two Three", this being the 1974 version with Walther Matthau and Robert "we're gonna need a bigger boat" Shaw.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) - IMDb

It was excellent, rather better & more amusing that the Tony Scott version viewed yesterday.

And in other other news, I found the collector's edition of Blade Runner, cunningly concealed in plain sight with its black lettering on a dark blue background up on a shelf in the living room*.

*A misnomer if I ever heard one, you can't live in there, there's no room. About to be crushed to death by falling dvds.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2017, 22:44.

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks like it's going to be a sunny start

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    And in other other news, I found the collector's edition of Blade Runner, cunningly concealed in plain sight with its black lettering on a dark blue background up on a shelf in the living room*.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Damp.

No current precipitation.

Sunnyish.

Vaguely Simpsonsesque.

Cool.

The damp mats are still damp but less so than last night.

They'll be drying in the sun for a couple of days.

Now have to figure out what to pack the doorjamb side of the hinges with to finish off the door hanging process.

It's fairly obvious that the ancient imperial 4" hinges were deeper than the metric 100mm hinges so recently installed.

Now looking for something about 3mm thick and easily cut and drilled.

And today, just we've got over the endless BBC celebration of half a century of homosexual liberation, we now have a no doubt endless celebration of The End of The Evil British Empire in India.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 15 August 2017, 07:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X