• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems lots of people are afraid of spiders....

Luckily I'm not so are happy to remove them for people.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up

Now I can think about lunch - there are sausages…

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Seems lots of people are afraid of spiders....

Luckily I'm not so are happy to remove them for people.
        I am, but I also don't think it's fair to kill them because of my own irrational reaction, so I've trained myself to deal with them

Comment

Zeity had sausages for lunch, his came ready cooked in a tin with some baked beans.

They tasted exactly like sausages that had lived in a tin of baked beans.

On two slices of Hovis(tm) toast.

Today's haul of 2nd hand dvds included "Ice", being the middle dvd of 3 made in the 1990s about the 87th Precinct.

Ed McBain's 87th Precinct: Ice (TV Movie 1996) - IMDb

So that's this evening's first feature sorted.

Also through the letterbox came Zeity's dismal pension forecast, to sum up: penury.

Accompanied by the latest tv licence which allows me to watch the NZ police programmes on Pick on a Saturday, the remainder of the broadcast output being of little interest.

So that's £147/52 = £2.82 a week.

Bargain.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I am, but I also don't think it's fair to kill them because of my own irrational reaction, so I've trained myself to deal with them
          ZeitPater was terrified of them.

It has to be some sort of genetic memory from the days when being frightened of spiders made you less likely to die of spider bites.

The enormous excavations up the road at the new housing site are semi filled in.

And, in other comments, Zeity had two persons who couldn't be arsed to reply to his cheery "good morning" on the nice walk up the tow path this morning.

So he said "good morning" back to himself to avoid stabbing them to death on the spot.

Almost as bad as people who don't acknowledge you when you've let them through on the road.

Though I always want to shoot them rather than stab stab stabbity stab them.

The newly purchased tin opener from Morrisons is very satisfactory.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2017, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            The newly purchased tin opener from Morrisons is very satisfactory.

It's the small wins that make the difference

Comment

Finally got around to lunch: a couple of sausages, couple of rashers of bacon, slice of fried bread (white), and beans

And the TV signal was strong enough to be usable so I was able to watch the last third of Countdown, which I've always liked but haven't seen in years, as I ate

I was pleased to find that I can still solve a numbers game of average difficulty in about three seconds

Comment

Lunch mmmm...

Comment

More trouble in Surrey - Toni & Guy heiress sparks row with Surrey farmhouse | Daily Mail Online

Add Surrey residents who are proved to whining with the Wail which turns molehills into mountains. Still

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    More trouble in Surrey - Toni & Guy heiress sparks row with Surrey farmhouse | Daily Mail Online

Add Surrey residents who are proved to whining with the Wail which turns molehills into mountains. Still
                    They aren't proper Surrey residents. They live between the tip and a school. Traffic round there is terrible, and as for the cyclists, don't get me started...
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ChicoLondon View Post
                      OK Who stole Gay Bored Geek?
                      SNOB!

Comment

Working...
                      X