• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the smoke again.

Comment

Chicken and Bacon sandwiches for lunch

Comment

With blueberries

Comment

Washed down with lucozade. Orange flavour.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I think I saw Zeity in General.

Right must do some cleaning...
            One house roughly vacced.

I didn't bother doing the other one last week so I suppose I'd better make an effort this week.

Overcooked the beef again. Ho hum.

It was ok though & the gravy tasted reasonable unlike the crap I made a month ago.

Neck is a bit stiff, which I put down to the vaccing, but of course, looking on the bright side, it could be meningitis.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

The hamfistedness is progressing well.

Which is increasingly irritating.

Comment

There's a cycle race hereabouts and in the city centre today, with lots of roads closed. Traffic's backing up a bit outside.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                There's a cycle race hereabouts and in the city centre today, with lots of roads closed. Traffic's backing up a bit outside.
                Where is WTFH to put sticks through there spokes?

Or maybe he already has and that is causing the hold-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Where is WTFH to put sticks through there spokes?

Or maybe he already has and that is causing the hold-ups.
                  While driving down the A55 (Expressway) this morning, they had a cycle race on. Instead of keeping into the hard shoulder/cycle lane(about 5 feet wide), they were in the 1st lane!

No way would I do that, way too dangerous.

I thought of knocking one off to teach them a lesson. Then realized I was turning into a mod.

<shudders>

Comment

I think I'll watch "The taking of Pelham 123" next.

The Denzel Washington version, of which I have the usual two copies.

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) - IMDb

However I've also got the 1974 version with Walter Matthau and Robert (We're gonna need a bigger boat) Shaw.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) - IMDb

Anyway, it's time to do the dishes.

Followed by the Sunday Afternoon shop.

Dunno why I spend so much time shopping but I suppose it's something to do.

Sunday mornings are always a low point for historical reasons.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2017, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I think I'll watch "The taking of Pelham 123" next.

The Denzel Washington version, of which I have the usual two copies.

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) - IMDb

However I've also got the 1974 version with Walter Matthau and Robert (We're gonna need a bigger boat) Shaw.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) - IMDb

Anyway, it's time to do the dishes.

Followed by the Sunday Afternoon shop.

Dunno why I spend so much time shopping but I suppose it's something to do.

Sunday mornings are always a low point for historical reasons.
                      So not so much the long dark teatime of the soul as the long dark elevenses.

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X