• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good to be getting paid again.
    That reminds me - I'd better do my timesheet so the chap can approve it in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all Nice day here, dog walk earlier produced a couple of kilos of bolets, which I'll either dry or serve as part of dinner tonight.
      I had to google that. F88king French, coming over here, renaming our mushrooms.

What did we win AginCourt for?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        That reminds me - I'd better do my timesheet so the chap can approve it in the morning
        Indeed. Its very easy to forget the important things in life.

Though I bet you remembered to buy meat for dinner.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Indeed. Its very easy to forget the important things in life.

Though I bet you remembered to buy meat for dinner.....
          I've got the last bit of chicken in the fridge, and chips to go with it

And I need to get back to using up the meat in the freezer before buying any more - it's almost full again

Comment

Timesheet sorted

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I've got the last bit of chicken in the fridge, and chips to go with it

And I need to get back to using up the meat in the freezer before buying any more - it's almost full again
              Zeity's is almost full too. Of esteemed customers....

Comment

Finished working at 8pm.

Watched stuff about idiots who can't deal with puppies and now staring at the London firefighters program.

Some of the men have nice muscles.

Loads of fires are now caused by candles.

Not sure why they need a recruitment program as they are oversubscribed. Maybe lack of ethnic diversity?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Grey.

Sunless.

No current precipitation.

B&Q Diamond Day.

So I can take the bifold door back & change to a non folding one.

I hope.
                  I take another step closer to getting one...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Chicken & chips has been guzzled. Very nice, it was

The recycling bin is only about a third full, so no need to put that out this week.

Time for a beer and some telly

Comment

This evening "we*" were entertained by "Poodle Springs" with Jimmy Caan, and amazingly enough Brian Cox again.

Poodle Springs (TV Movie 1998) - IMDb

Apparently Dyna Meyer was in D-Tox too, which I watched last week, but I think she barely made it out of the first 10 minutes.

Apparently she was "Mary" whoever the feck that was.

This was followed by the commentary by Bogdanovich on "The Searchers" which proved quite interesting.

Plus some Septic tv programme from 1956 starring Gig Young which dealt with the making of "The Searchers", mostly of interest for the appalling cigarette and detergent ads that were included.

Plus all the presenters smoked like the proverbial chimneys which seems very peculiar these days.

L&M cigarettes and "All" detergent from Monsanto, the people who brought you genetically modified canola.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%26M

The advert seemed endless, with the usual ad supplemented by some chap in the studio puffing away for another 30 seconds or so.

Odd, like:

with another 30 secons of crap added at the end.

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2017, 22:15.

Comment

Working...
                      X