• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing that I can remember*.

*Doesn't mean much these days, it must be said. Nice here isn't it? Nice here isn't it? Do you come here often? Nice here isn't it.

The big fuss in the garden is some jackdaws arguing mightily over who should get a particularly choice apple off the apple tree.

Then they saw me & dropped it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Bits of dead animal are on there somewhere, I'm sure.

Dunno what I'm having for Sunday lunch yet.

It should be lamb, all things being equal.

Maybe I'll see what the butcher's got to offer.

It seems to have got sunny in the last 10 minutes.
      Shopping done and dusted

I keep having to remind myself not to get dead animals that I already have in the freezer, as I'm trying to run the stocks down ahead of end-of-gig time.

But I got a chicken to roast for, probably, Sunday dinner; and for soup-making afterwards

It's mainly a bit Simpsons here, though occasionally a big cloud appears, looming over everything and plunging the place into gloom. But they never stay more than a few minutes - it must be quite windy up there

Comment

The Sainsbury's petrol station was very busy, which gave me the opportunity to witness some remarkably dickish behaviour by people whose business was so urgent that the idea of waiting forty seconds for the person in front of them to make it back from paying had driven them insane

Comment

I bought a very small (but perfectly formed) leg of lamb from Morrisons since it's of a size that means I can roast it all rather than hacking random bits off to roast later.

Can't say it's been notably Simpsonsesque here, but the Big Black Clouds were in evidence and it's been raining gently for a while.

I did think of going for a walk but there seems little point if it's raining.

Plus I still feel oddly odd, which is odd in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I bought a very small (but perfectly formed) leg of lamb from Morrisons since it's of a size that means I can roast it all rather than hacking random bits off to roast later.

Can't say it's been notably Simpsonsesque here, but the Big Black Clouds were in evidence and it's been raining gently for a while.

I did think of going for a walk but there seems little point if it's raining.

Plus I still feel oddly odd, which is odd in itself.
            I was tempted by a half-shoulder of lamb in Sainsbury's, but had to remind myself that I already had the chicken and there was no room for the lamb in the freezer, so I'd end up having to roast it on Wednesday or something

Maybe next week. I'm about due some roast lamb. I like lamb

Comment

Well there's a thing.

Looks like the ZeityPurchase of a bifold door was a waste of time & it'll have to go back.

Ho hum.

However the washing and drying is proceeding quite well.

The requirements of The Diamond Card mean that this will have to wait until nex Wednesday to get itself rectified and an ordinary door purchased, Zeity being unaware of how a bifold door is supposed to work.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 4 August 2017, 14:48.

Comment

"Bifold door" sounds complicated. Doors should be simple. You'll be better off with a normal one

Comment

Good sized batch of chips made, now freezing; and the boring laundry is almost done.

Squint, and in a dim light it could almost look as if I've had a productive day

Comment

A profitable visit to the butchers.

A Saddle Back Pork belly is already doing its slow thing in the oven

Dexter T bone steak for tomorrows dinner

The butcher supplied me with a big bag of beef bones for stock.

My Mrs was surprised by the 10 rashers of back bacon and 8 streaky purchased.
                    I don't know where she thinks all the bacon we eat during the week comes from

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      "Bifold door" sounds complicated. Doors should be simple. You'll be better off with a normal one
                      Yes.

I'd rather come to that conclusion my self.

Just as well I haven't unpacked it.

It would fit but it requires a non rebated frame and guess what I haven't got.

It wouldn't fit in the door frame coz the fixing kit is screwed to the top of the door inside the packaging.

In other news, the last surviving golden yellow rose I bought from Woolworths 15 years ago to celebrate the ZeitParents' golden wedding has blossomed again today. It seems long long time & far far away.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 4 August 2017, 16:40.

Comment

Working...
                      X