• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening, I made chicken soup, using the rest of the roast chicken from the other day; and it turned out to be absolutely delicious

I'm being careful not to think too much about the fact that most of the flavour must come from carrots, celery, and onions. After all, they're the greater part of the ingredients by bulk. But once it had cooked for about two-and-a-half hours I hoiked them out and blitzed them, then shoved the resultant pulp back in to thicken the broth. So it's not really eating vegetables at all if you look at it the right way

Anyway, there's plenty left, so that'll help diversify the freezer's selection of stuff to have when I can't be bothered to cook properly

No lentils this time, but I'm considering the idea of incorporating them next time…

Comment

And amidst all the excitement of the soup, I hadn't noticed that the rain has finally arrived

Comment

Meanwhile on Twitter, the Scousers are off the subject of bus tickets.

Now it's all about a long-gone railway line which, as it happens, ran behind my school playing fields in the 1960s. As I've chipped in that little fact, I'll now be getting likes and retweets from Merseyside and its diaspora for the next few hours

Funny how it's so often reminders of public transport from days gone by that gets them all tweeting. That and Winston Churchill ordering the army to shoot strikers outside St George's Hall a century ago

Comment

Evening entertainment supplied by prospective new customers for Mrs V. This meant Miss V3 needed entertaining so out into the close with a mug of tea, Skye & a small bicycle.

an hour later its penalty shoot out our star striker a four year old.

Pizza was served for dinner.

Collect Mrs V1 from work and back for a nice Shiraz.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's feature was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, in 4K UHD HDR and any other TLAs that might be applicable; and very fine it was

The apes were mostly sagacious and compassionate, while the humans were mostly a bunch of dithering ninnies prone to hysterical overreaction. That's all as one might expect, but surprisingly realistic for a Hollywood blockbuster

And after that, I watched American Psycho as I hadn't watched that in a while. It made me think that I should also read the book again, as it's a book that bears re-reading, and I'm still not sure whether any of it really happened or not (in the book/film universe), though the fashionable interpretation is that it didn't.

In particular, the whole business about murdering the guy then using his apartment to murder other people, then turning up one day to find it all freshly painted and a real estate agent there who seems to realise what he was expecting to find and just tells him to leave and not come back, all seems like what would really happen. I can imagine that, given the value of an apartment like that in Manhattan, a realtor who discovered such things would choose to arrange for all the bodies to be quietly disposed of, so as to avoid driving down the value of the property. But maybe I'm being too cynical

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

baby bp playing lego star wars on the wii before heading off to Deeside skate park.

Comment

Morning all

Wet and windy overnight, but enough about The Wife (tm). A bit overcast here this morning.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The ZeitStandardSaturdayLuncheon comprised a Pukka steak & kidney pie with Heinz baked beans.

The Pukka pie should have been cooked in the oven for 25 minutes so, naturally enough, I nuked it for 5 on one side and 3 on the other.

Seemed ok after that.

Having watched about 4 inches of dvds over the week, I've just purchased another foot or so from charity shoppes to make up for it.

House is now in danger of falling down due to the additional weight of 2nd hand dvds.

Despite the assortment of extremely black clouds over the morning, Zeity managed not to get himself rained on, which was a plus.

Comment

Working...
                      X