• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Inneresting (as one might say if pressed).

I was thinking of getting some telly watching glasses just for watching the telly since one eye is ok(ish), whilst the other is a bit blurry at that distance.

The astigmatism doesn't help a lot either.
    I'm thinking of getting two pairs of computer glasses now, as I'm bound eventually to leave them at home when going to a client. One for the desk here, one for the laptop bag sounds like a plan

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'm thinking of getting two pairs of computer glasses now, as I'm bound eventually to leave them at home when going to a client. One for the desk here, one for the laptop bag sounds like a plan
      I went from reading glasses to varifocals. Got tired of taking them off to look at whiteboards, etc, and it's easier to see the speedo when driving. The glasses stay on all day now
      My one tip on varifocals - if you are want them, don't try the cheap ones, as they'll put you off them for life. Spend the extra and get the better ones which have better focus zones.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Reassuringly expensive.

It's the contractor way.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          2 and 3 are great too.

You've got those to look forward to
          Second one in 4K is on its way from Amazon, should be here tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The ones born in the 80s will find their pension ages raised in the next decade and so on.

The government has to raise the age before people hit 50 otherwise they know they will get a big backlash like with the late changes brought in for women in their 50s.
            they should have started in 1970 and added a month a year.

Women busy moaning that they have to work extra years to catch up with men....
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just noticed I have over £200 in Nectar points again

Comment

Reheated chicken (leg, wing, small bit of breast) and chips for tea

After considering various options, I've decided that the rest of the chicken will be made into soup. This meant I could peel the rest of the skin off the breasts and cook that up too - lovely and crispy, it came out

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Torrential downpour outside when I got up. This has eased off into milder but steady rain. The weather app calls this state of affairs "showers"

Comment

Working...
                      X