• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Steptoe & Son, one of my fave comedies, yet the wife can't stand it.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Sorry. In fact due to having my car nicked, the Police being a waste of time, Birmingham council not being able to collect my refuse collections properly, I think I'm gonna be emigrating with you. This country is fooked.

/rantover

qh
      So I take that as a "no", for now, then.

If you change your mind WTFH will meet you at Wisley Services.

Or "someone" will
      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 19 July 2017, 16:53.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just to reassure you, if you do change your mind, although Wisley Gardens is a known Surrey dogging area, you will be totally safe with WTFH, or "someone".

They will flash their lights twice.

HTH.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

There we are.

The ZeitStandardForWednesdayTea of liver, bacon & onion gravy has been cooked & eaten.

It was very nice.

For some reason I appear to have packed twice as much bacon into the freezer bag as was required.

So half of it has gone back in the fridge.

It was pretty salty too.

The R4 18:30 "comedy" has bitten the dust since I found the first five minutes unfunny.

It's that connections thing.

The one with Reeves & Mortimer was truly fecking dire, but this one was just uninteresting.

My gaydar is borked so I couldn't tell if either was that way inclined.

Comment

Home, finally!

I was having a great run back when, two miles before the motorway junction, all three lanes ground to a halt

And when, finally, I got to the junction, the old problem of northbound-joining traffic getting stuck as it crosses the exit was holding sway

Only added about forty minutes to the journey…

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Which glasses do you wear to read the subtitles on the televisor device?
              The far-away-things ones, as I sit far enough away from the telly for them to work

I can also make the subtitles out easily if wearing my reading glasses, though. I usually have those on while I'm eating my dinner, as I'm more interested in seeing what's on the plate properly than what's on the box

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Saw the latest Planet of the Apes film in 3D last night.

I have gone from a reluctant viewer (the 2nd one) to being a real fan.

Bloody good
                Having watched the first one (of the latest versions) last weekend, I think the new one will be worth the expense of the 4K Blu-ray

Comment

Inneresting (as one might say if pressed).

I was thinking of getting some telly watching glasses just for watching the telly since one eye is ok(ish), whilst the other is a bit blurry at that distance.

The astigmatism doesn't help a lot either.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Just to reassure you, if you do change your mind, although Wisley Gardens is a known Surrey dogging area, you will be totally safe with WTFH, or "someone".

They will flash their lights twice.

HTH.
                    You mean the Ockham car park? I'd not meet anyone there, you never know who's watching.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Having watched the first one (of the latest versions) last weekend, I think the new one will be worth the expense of the 4K Blu-ray
                      2 and 3 are great too.

You've got those to look forward to
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X