• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I was last night

It's a godforsaken neck of the woods around there. I'm sure Harold Shand would have done a much better job of Docklands, had he not been taken for a ride
    Haha - I try to stay in AirBnB's normally, but my usual place was booked this week so this is my backup Premier Inn. Cheaper than City but close enough! Would have given you a nudge if I'd have known!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Haha - I try to stay in AirBnB's normally, but my usual place was booked this week so this is my backup Premier Inn. Cheaper than City but close enough! Would have given you a nudge if I'd have known!
      Ah, they apologised in advance for some potentially noisy people on my floor - should have realised it was you

Comment

Dinner has been some of the steak and ale casserole I made the other week, with chips and peas; and very nice too

Went some way to making up for the lack of lunch due to the salad debacle

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Thank God for Premier Inn Breakfast!
          The PI breakfast at Kendal was slightly disappointing. Tinned tomatoes rather than grilled, the water to make tea was tepid (although I was supplied with a fresh cup when I complained) and the milk was sour.

Fire alarm went off in the night - still waiting to see if they allow my 'good night, guaranteed!' refund.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            The PI breakfast at Kendal was slightly disappointing. Tinned tomatoes rather than grilled, the water to make tea was tepid (although I was supplied with a fresh cup when I complained) and the milk was sour.

Fire alarm went off in the night - still waiting to see if they allow my 'good night, guaranteed!' refund.
            They probably will

When the fire alarm went off at the Girton PI one time, not only did they refund everybody without being asked, they gave everyone a free breakfast too. I pointed out that, when it happened, I'd only just got back from the pub and was wide awake, and not really inconvenienced in the slightest; but the manager insisted

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

In all my years staying in hotels for a good percentage of the year I've had precisely two fire alarm incidents. One in a Premier Inn, one in a Best Western - both in Hull, a few miles and a few years apart!

You'll get your refund - they tend to be pretty good about it tbf.

Comment

The living room temperature has finally dropped back to a more reasonable 22°C

Comment

Worn out, and two more days at ClientCo to do this week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all lovely orange clouds on the drive round the M25
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X