• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning Guys beautiful day out!

Watched this yesterday, we really like it.

The Founder.

The story of Ray Kroc, a salesman who turned two brothers' innovative fast food eatery, McDonald's, into one of the biggest restaurant businesses in the world with a combination of ambition, persistence, and ruthlessness.
      The Founder (2016) - IMDb
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning permies
        We had blue skies in Donegal yesterday, and this morning the sea is dead calm, with only light cloud. These are two things I have never experienced in the North West of Ireland before.
        Saw some seal pups yesterday near Fanad head. Today we're heading further west, once I can drag myself out of bed.
        If you take the strangford to portaferry ferry you will usually see seals and often also get dolphins
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Morning Guys beautiful day out!

Watched this yesterday, we really like it.

The Founder.

The Founder (2016) - IMDb
          Adapted from a misprinted translation of Günter Grass's 1977 novel The Flounder?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Adapted from a misprinted translation of Günter Grass's 1977 novel The Flounder?
            Nope, its the story of the founding of McDonalds burgers.

Well worth a watch!

We also watch the new King Arthur one and the new Fast and Furious, they weren't bad either
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Stuck in cdg as the connection time I got was impossible to meet
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                At least Monday is just about bearable. Due to MOnday links. Hopefully not too much about bottoms today.
                Links are up

This week with dogs eating your face

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Nope, its the story of the founding of McDonalds burgers.
                  Indeed, but I happened to be visiting Germany when Grass's novel was published and saw posters for it in railway stations; then, when it was published in the UK, I saw the same posters, but in English, on the Tube when visiting London. So for some reason it popped up from the back of my mind

Last edited by NickFitz; 26 June 2017, 11:10. Reason: My mind, not some kind of cosmic consciousness.

Comment

Just discovered (or I'd previously known about it and forgotten which is even more likely) that the development up the road from me is for 300 houses.

It's on the "green wedge" which according to legend was left back in the 30s to separate Neath from Tonna.

Well with 300 houses on it, it's not gonna do that any more.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Links are up

This week with dogs eating your face

Hope you get extended. Even if you prefer a rest....

Comment

Working...
                      X