• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't decide whether to have my hair cut today, when there's a risk of getting the woman who never seems to do a particularly good job of it, or leave it until Monday, when I'm not sure who works, though last time I went there on a Monday it was a woman I hadn't seen before who did a slightly better job, but not as good as either of the other women who work on Friday (except when they're not there)

Comment

Since the conversation at ClientCo yesterday, my normal mode of dealing with stuff has become "I might as well leave that for now, I'll have plenty of time to deal with it properly in a couple of weeks"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Since the conversation at ClientCo yesterday, my normal mode of dealing with stuff has become "I might as well leave that for now, I'll have plenty of time to deal with it properly in a couple of weeks"

Just contemplating the lovely T Bone I bought earlier.
        Mrs. MarkyMark is out.

The full melt, Medicinal grade, Moroccan "solid" is out, after spending a brief time in the fridge to allow me to prepare it.
        A cold Budvar is being drunk.
        The weekend definitely starts here
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I can't decide whether to have my hair cut today, when there's a risk of getting the woman who never seems to do a particularly good job of it, or leave it until Monday, when I'm not sure who works, though last time I went there on a Monday it was a woman I hadn't seen before who did a slightly better job, but not as good as either of the other women who work on Friday (except when they're not there)
          You need a good regular male hairdresser and tip them well.

Doesn't need to cost a fortune either.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Getting my hair cut at all is traumatic enough. I doubt I'd ever fully recover if I subjected myself to the agony of shopping around

Comment

The shopping has been done, which was the only errand that had to be dealt with this weekend

I've had to declare the freezer full - I need to start working through the stocks of meat in particular that have built up in there, so that makes shopping a bit less arduous.

And I bought some choc ices on sticks (I don't agree with calling them "ice lollies" as those aren't a choc ice on a stick, they're frozen fruit-flavoured liquid and suchlike), so the rest of the summer will be positively chilly. Ah well, they'll probably keep till next year

Comment

Oh, and on the way home yesterday, just around the spot where the A14 flyover in Huntingdon goes past the water tower by the railway, the Toyota reached the score of 111111 miles! Epic pali!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Sexist!

It is the skill of the hairdresser or barber not their gender.

Some hairdressers and barbers are sh*t at cutting regardless of their gender. Apparently you have to take a course in cutting as well as having the aptitude to do it to be any good.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Sexist!

It is the skill of the hairdresser or barber not their gender.

Some hairdressers and barbers are sh*t at cutting regardless of their gender. Apparently you have to take a course in cutting as well as having the aptitude to do it to be any good.
                    Heh, heh, the best bite I have had all day .

Agreed.
                    Its just I have had my best experiences (LMAO) with male hairdressers personally.
                    Unless you are having a crop, it should take around 45-60 minutes to scissor cut and groom Male hair well.

As I said, I usually pay around £16 (which includes a £4 tip.)
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Getting my hair cut at all is traumatic enough. I doubt I'd ever fully recover if I subjected myself to the agony of shopping around
                      At least you still have enough hair to warrant having it cut. I currently spend £6 having it cropped as there is sod all point doing anything else...
                      Last edited by eek; 23 June 2017, 17:17.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X