• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just found an HP spectrum analyser on ebay that is the very one I used to use back in 1991 to 1993.

Before that company went tits up in approved Zeit fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Well, you seem really upset by it

I could do with a break

I asked the chap what the score was, as there's only two weeks left to run on my current contract. He needs to speak to his boss, as they've got a further thing they've decided would be a nice-to-have addition to the current thing (the new thing would be customer-facing, the current thing is purely in-house) but he's not sure if the boss is willing to stump up the budget to keep me on to work on it, or if he and the other couple of employee devs will have to do it by themselves.

There's another couple of contractors working in the same department but on some completely different stuff who are both being let go - one finishes tomorrow, the other in a week or two. But he's not sure whether this is due to budgetary stuff, or just because they've decided they don't need them any further, until he's spoken to the boss.

I told him I'd like a couple of weeks off at some point soon if I'm kept on, but agreed to push it back a bit so we could get the basics of the new thing sorted out first.

But if money's tight there, then that's all moot, and I'll get as much time off as I want starting two weeks today

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I've just found an HP spectrum analyser on ebay that is the very one I used to use back in 1991 to 1993.

Yahoo! joined the list of my victims the other week

Took them nearly ten years, but they succumbed in the end

Comment

The temperature is down to a just-about-tolerable 20°C outside. In my living room, it's still 28°C

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I could do with a break

I asked the chap what the score was, as there's only two weeks left to run on my current contract. He needs to speak to his boss, as they've got a further thing they've decided would be a nice-to-have addition to the current thing (the new thing would be customer-facing, the current thing is purely in-house) but he's not sure if the boss is willing to stump up the budget to keep me on to work on it, or if he and the other couple of employee devs will have to do it by themselves.

There's another couple of contractors working in the same department but on some completely different stuff who are both being let go - one finishes tomorrow, the other in a week or two. But he's not sure whether this is due to budgetary stuff, or just because they've decided they don't need them any further, until he's spoken to the boss.

I told him I'd like a couple of weeks off at some point soon if I'm kept on, but agreed to push it back a bit so we could get the basics of the new thing sorted out first.

But if money's tight there, then that's all moot, and I'll get as much time off as I want starting two weeks today
            In a similar position.

In reality everyone knows I'm needed to deliver this complex project.
            The money is there, a number of budget holders have already offered their money.

However, the head honcho wants all roles in Poland at any cost.

In any case, we have decided we are off travelling for a bit and we are going to be very open minded as to where it leads .
            i.e. we are looking for other countries to work.

Its looking extremely likely I'm going to close my LTD to fund it all.
            When I say that I mean buying somewhere, as well as funding the travelling.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              In a similar position.

In reality everyone knows I'm needed to deliver this complex project.
              The money is there, a number of budget holders have already offered their money.

However, the head honcho wants all roles in Poland at any cost.

In any case, we have decided we are off travelling for a bit and we are going to be very open minded as to where it leads .
              i.e. we are looking for other countries to work.

Its looking extremely likely I'm going to close my LTD to fund it all.
              When I say that I mean buying somewhere, as well as funding the travelling.
              Luckily, TPD is accessible worldwide

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

ah your middle name is Jonah as well?

Vetran always sells his shares when he resigns otherwise we end up with too much toilet paper as they go bust.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Last of the lamb rogan josh out of the freezer for dinner, with the usual accompaniments

And I managed to get it ready well before nine thirty, which of late seems to have become the time dinner finally ends up being ready

The last of the week's recycling has been taken down, and the bin put out ready for the morrow. And there was a spare empty bin out there, so I've brought that in, meaning one less minor chore in the morning.

So now I reckon I'm ready for a beer and some telly

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Just had a weather warning pop up on my phone for sever thunderstorms later today. Sounds like your might be headed north.
                    Never did arrive. Had one half hearted rumble and some rain but that was it. Has cooled down considerably though, which is nice.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tonight's telly turned out to be another episode of The Pacific, followed by a couple more of Mr. Robot.

I've decided to save season (or series) 3 of Borgen for when I'm released from my bond of servitude in a couple of weeks, as I feel it makes better weekday than weekend viewing, and I'll have time for that then. If I am in fact not released, I can always pick it up again anyway

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X