• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tad hazy in the smoke - though mostly sunny.

Comment

Breakfast will be several cups of tea. Followed by an early lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        A tad hazy in the smoke - though mostly sunny.
        Many years a go while a student I worked as a motocycle courier in London. On hot summer days riding into the city in the early morning you could see a yellowish gray haze hanging over it. I used to wear a decorators dust mask while on the bike and by the end of the day it would be black all the way through.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Many years a go while a student I worked as a motocycle courier in London. On hot summer days riding into the city in the early morning you could see a yellowish gray haze hanging over it. I used to wear a decorators dust mask while on the bike and by the end of the day it would be black all the way through.
            I tried one of those. It made my glasses steam up.

Personally I would like to see the congestion zone available only for buses/cycles 7am-7pm. Or better still the inner London ring road. Like at bank junction. There is plenty of public transport.

Congestion zone prices to apply 7pm-7am. Residents discount changed from 90% to -900%.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Morning

Burning the candle at both ends again? Or applying a blow torch in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Morning denizens

Overcast out there

There's a very slight cool (18°C) breeze occasionally through the kitchen window, but it's too feeble to get as far as the other side of the room, never mind the rest of the flat. The living room remains at a bracing 29°C

And I had a rubbish night's sleep because of the heat, so this caused me to struggle to get started, so now I'm running late. Bring back the continuous light drizzle, I say
                WNFS.

It's currently 28.4 deg C in my office.

Dunno what it is in the lab coz I refuse to go in there.

It's too goddamn hot!

Train was like an oven this morning, so I'm half cooked already.

And I've made my daily venture Specifically into General to find nothing of interest whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Burning the candle at both ends again? Or applying a blow torch in the middle?
                  Just an early start.
                  Late finish due to helping young 5* with school work for end of year play

Comment

Hot in Manchester - but mustn't grumble.

Hopefully will get away about 3.30-4 and be in the local by 4.30-5

fingers crossed.

Comment

Fecking motorbikes.

Having a nice sleep then a motorbike engine woke me up because the fecker decided to stop and keep his bike running.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X