• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We had a child, and Mrs BP kept going on at me. I got worn down.

And the real reason? I got fed up with doing sex and decided the best way to slow her up was to get married....
    When I first read that part I had to double check, exposes the truth that scan reading can indeed get you into trouble
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I had one ring the other day from my current agency - I recognised the number range and answered, on the off chance my existing pimp was using a colleague's phone for some reason. It turned out to be a different pimp from the same agency and office.

He started out with the "Just a catch-up really, see what your current situation is" stuff, then noticed on his screen that the current contract I'd just started telling him about was arranged through a chap sat a couple of desks away, and cut the conversation short rather abruptly
      Sounds about right!

There are four of us here through the same agency. It's a pretty frequent occurence that one of us will get a call from them taling about new contracts as they've not read their screen properly.

When I got the call to come and do this contract (prompted by a discussion directly between me and the client) they still called and did the whole "hi, we're xxxxx Services, we're an agency..." spiel and claimed they'd found my CV on a jobsite and I was a perfect fit for the role - not, they'd no record of the previous three contracts I'd done with them. Whether they're lying or just useless I don't know - I suspect the latter as they seem to have an ever-changing lineup of phone monkeys who just field the initial calls and let the more experienced pimps progress them.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        ...ever-changing lineup of phone monkeys who just field the initial calls and let the more experienced pimps progress them.
        Which also has the possiblity of amusement value when you need to reply to a VM left by one of the said monkeys and get their colleague instead - they seem very happy to try to steal sales from each other which usually culminates in a barrage of emails and calls from both of them trying to out-close each other.

Comment

Pâté on thick wholemeal toast for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Pâté on thick wholemeal toast for lunch
            Fish, chips and peas here.

Comment

Greggs pasty and sausage roll....

have to say not brilliant but it filled a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Fish, chips and peas here.
                I had exactly that! From https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/city-cafe-london

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Poppie's Fish and Chips | Authentic Fish and Chips restaurants in London | Poppie's Fish and Chips

If you are in that area as I said before .

And Kerb on Thursdays at the Gherkin.

https://www.kerbfood.com/markets/gherkin/

That is all.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    When I first read that part I had to double check, exposes the truth that scan reading can indeed get you into trouble
                    If she done that it would have saved a lot of trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      If you are in that area as I said before .

I did to to Spitalfields 2 weeks ago. I just go with the rest of the team.

Comment

Working...
                      X