• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in trouble with Mrs BP! Well, I am usually in trouble. However this is serious!

She is off to see her MP this morning. She wants to ask why Tories called an election (he said it was a good idea) and about Welsh Ambulance service(who contributed to the death of her mother and denied her the final 30 minutes with her while she was alive).

I told her she was wasting her breath. She is not best pleased.

I suggested she also asks why HMRC have been harassing me last 10 years.

Or give him a good kicking.

Why did I get married?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Air conditioners kicking in?
      Not round here. AONB, some listed buildings, you have to jump through hoops to be allowed to put in double glazing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

.Why did I get married?
        Sage advice given a few mins ago:

A man does something for 2 reasons. A good reason and the real reason....
        So, what are they?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It turns out that 3 minutes to go was a bit optimistic. Turns out 63 minutes would have been closer to the mark.

The clueless sysadmin who runs one of the US sites managed to convince himself that we'd blocked access between his DCs on the firewall, despite that fact that they're on the same subnet...

And for good measure he turned off RDP access to them both as a security measure, so there's nothing we can do to help.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Sage advice given a few mins ago:

So, what are they?
            We had a child, and Mrs BP kept going on at me. I got worn down.

And the real reason? I got fed up with doing sex and decided the best way to slow her up was to get married....

Comment

Today's fail was programming the washing machine wrongly to start at 14:00 this afternoon.

Instead of which it started as soon as I pressed the start button.

I do so hope the kitchen isn't flooded now.

Comment

A little bartering this morning at MarkyMark towers.

A cooked breakfast at my desk in return for a visit to the Coop down the road .

The spoils have just been delivered to my "work" (usually subjective on a Friday) area

However, quite an important meeting later where I will illustrate the possible (almost inevitable) tulip and risks when you change the granularity of your data warehouse.
                Especially as the change is required to support regulatory reporting under BCBS239.
                Obviously at the same time promising a safe pair of hands (mine) to assist, especially taking into consideration my forthcoming contract end date .

Apparently money isn't the issue this time around, an over arching corporate project to "get rid of all London based resources" is .
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Shopping has been done

I got back just before the bins were collected, too, which meant I didn't have to stop on the road while I cleared them away from the gate. The recycling bin people were very good this morning and brought them back in rather than leaving them blocking the pavement. But judging from the trundling sounds I could hear through the kitchen window as I was putting the shopping away, the non-recycling ones weren't so diligent. Still, assuming I either don't go out in the car again today, or somebody else wants to get theirs out before I do, that's somebody else's problem this week

After a sunny start it's getting cloudier, though not actually overcast - the sun's breaking through occasionally

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    My phone rang this afternoon. I didn't recognise the number so I let it go to voicemail while I Googled the number. Second result (after a whocalledme site) was a TEKSystems pimp. Maybe it was the same one and he's just working his way through TPD?
                    I didn't get TEKsystems yesterday, but I did get an agent ring me to ask how I was. I guess that means that my contract is getting to the end / renewal time.

I also had a lawyer ring me about my accident, but couldn't tell me which car it was. I told him I couldn't remember when it was. He asked if it was in the past 2 years? I said I couldn't remember. He then said "Oh, I could have got you at least £1500, maybe £3000 but if you can't remember, you can't remember".

I politely explained that I was in a car crash and I suffer from amnesia as a result. Let it go quiet for a bit and then asked who he was and why was he calling...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I didn't get TEKsystems yesterday, but I did get an agent ring me to ask how I was. I guess that means that my contract is getting to the end / renewal time.
                      I had one ring the other day from my current agency - I recognised the number range and answered, on the off chance my existing pimp was using a colleague's phone for some reason. It turned out to be a different pimp from the same agency and office.

He started out with the "Just a catch-up really, see what your current situation is" stuff, then noticed on his screen that the current contract I'd just started telling him about was arranged through a chap sat a couple of desks away, and cut the conversation short rather abruptly

Comment

Working...
                      X