• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Like tikka only 'otter?
    I'll get it for you

Comment

Gutted. The Caymans are off line.

Comment

7 minutes to go.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          7 minutes to go.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Flight was cancelled - ensured I was at the front of the queue so I'm on the 16:20 flight home rather than the other options which I suspect for some poor sods is the 22:00 to Leeds Bradford.

Already filled in my Resolver case for the cancelled / delayed flight (I think its €400 so worth complaining about) and remembered to do a previous one for a similar screw up earlier this year...
            Now in taxi on way home. Just a time sheet to sign, invoice to send and then that's it for the week.

Blackpool tomorrow for the court case regarding that incident back in September
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Quite a pleasant evening too, if you like that kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Had my first fishing call for a while this morning. TEKSystems put their newest and greeenest pimp on the phone to me - he seemed really put out when I didn't want to spend time having "a chat" around "the kind of role I'm looking for and my future expectations" followed by wanting to know lots of stats about ClientCo and who the permie managers are... He didn't get too far into that, seemed pretty narked when I asked him to call me back when he had an actual contract.

Perhaps I'm just dealing with a better class of pimp these days but the fishing seems to have eased off a bit lately.
                My phone rang this afternoon. I didn't recognise the number so I let it go to voicemail while I Googled the number. Second result (after a whocalledme site) was a TEKSystems pimp. Maybe it was the same one and he's just working his way through TPD?
                Last edited by NickFitz; 15 June 2017, 18:06. Reason: Voicemail, not email.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Like tikka only 'otter?
                  Tarka Dhal recipe - goodtoknow

really nice!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The shop has been visited, and beer obtained

Now trying to decide what to have for dinner. I'm not that hungry, as usual in hot weather, so nothing too lavish

Comment

Had a text message earlier from a UK number I didn't recognise. It contained a google voice verification code. Two minutes later my phone rings with a number from Washington DC. I don't answer the call, but google it. It's the phone number google call you from when they want to hear the verification code so they can link a number to your mobile. Turns out that this is a popular scam among Craigslist and ebay scammers who quote a google phone number as the one to contact if anything goes wrong with the order. They take the money for a sale, don't deliver the goods, the buyer then phones the number and it redirects to your mobile.
                      So I reported the number to O2 as a spam number. 4 hours later I get two more texts, quoting the same google verification code, but from two different UK mobiles. Reported them too. Grrr.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X