• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Had my first fishing call for a while this morning. TEKSystems put their newest and greeenest pimp on the phone to me - he seemed really put out when I didn't want to spend time having "a chat" around "the kind of role I'm looking for and my future expectations" followed by wanting to know lots of stats about ClientCo and who the permie managers are... He didn't get too far into that, seemed pretty narked when I asked him to call me back when he had an actual contract.

Perhaps I'm just dealing with a better class of pimp these days but the fishing seems to have eased off a bit lately.

I tend to get less these days, probably as my CV has not been updated on the job boards for around 7 years .
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I tend to get less these days, probably as my CV has not been updated on the job boards for around 7 years .
      That's a good position to be in! I'm now getting some repeat business which helps - two months last year and five so far this year have been from returning to old clients, plus I'm currently working on a return to a project with an old end clientco via a different consultancy (even though that involves the wonderful chain of me > Ltd > Agent > Consultancy > Client, the rate increase would be worth it).

I shudder to remember how naive I was when I first started out - spent hours on the phone to fishing pimps and told them everything. Experience is a wonderful teacher (as is reading NLUK's posts on here!).

Comment

And now full of chicken and rice from the local takeaway thanks to a permie who's happy to take orders when he goes out.

Comment

That's a good position to be in! I'm now getting some repeat business which helps - two months last year and five so far this year have been from returning to old clients, plus I'm currently working on a return to a project with an old end clientco via a different consultancy (even though that involves the wonderful chain of me > Ltd > Agent > Consultancy > Client, the rate increase would be worth it).

I shudder to remember how naive I was when I first started out - spent hours on the phone to fishing pimps and told them everything. Experience is a wonderful teacher (as is reading NLUK's posts on here!).
          Yep, I have been very lucky really.

The amount of tricks I have witnessed by recruiters during my contractor career have been many
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Had my first fishing call for a while this morning. TEKSystems put their newest and greeenest pimp on the phone to me - he seemed really put out when I didn't want to spend time having "a chat" around "the kind of role I'm looking for and my future expectations" followed by wanting to know lots of stats about ClientCo and who the permie managers are... He didn't get too far into that, seemed pretty narked when I asked him to call me back when he had an actual contract.

Perhaps I'm just dealing with a better class of pimp these days but the fishing seems to have eased off a bit lately.
            Is it that time of year again?

I do love it when they get a green one to ring me. Only happens about 3-4 times a year now.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Still in Amsterdam my plane requires a new windscreen so back to the lounge
              Flight was cancelled - ensured I was at the front of the queue so I'm on the 16:20 flight home rather than the other options which I suspect for some poor sods is the 22:00 to Leeds Bradford.

Already filled in my Resolver case for the cancelled / delayed flight (I think its €400 so worth complaining about) and remembered to do a previous one for a similar screw up earlier this year...
              Last edited by eek; 15 June 2017, 15:50.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tarka Dal & Quinoa rice. + Banana.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Greggs steak bake.

I'm considering taking a freezer bag around with me. Then next time I go somewhere there is an Iceland I can buy some as I can buy £25 worth of stuff from them or may be I can...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch is for wimps.

And all the esteemed customers (special course final year) have buggered off to leave me in peace.

The one that's been in the lab for the last 2 or 3 days days working on his project has now discovered that using a frequency counter gives rather better results than his arcane construction of op amps and frequency to voltage converter. It was ever thus.

Plus it's stopped raining thus giving Zeity half a chance of not getting wet on the way home this evening.

Though, this being Swansea, things could change for the worse in 10 minutes, much less an hour and twenty minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Tarka Dal
                      Like tikka only 'otter?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X