• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Indeed it is

The weather app was suggesting we may have thunderstorms here tomorrow morning
    At least its tomorrow morning and not when we are driving past tomorrow afternoon....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      At least its tomorrow morning and not when we are driving past tomorrow afternoon....
      Should be sunny again by then, if the app is to be believed

Comment

Indeed it is

I got a Yellow Weather Warning on my phone earlier. Heavy downpours and thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow afternoon, apparently.

Will just have to hide in the beer tent then.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I got a Yellow Weather Warning on my phone earlier. Heavy downpours and thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow afternoon, apparently.

Will just have to hide in the beer tent then.
          Bone dry ground + heavy rain = flash flooding. Best stay in a bar up a hill.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Indeed it is

SuperMonkeyOm.

And 300300. That should make someone jealous.

Glad that they turned up in the end.

All the lawns mown.

Nearly fecking killed me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              SuperMonkeyOm.

And 300300. That should make someone jealous.

Glad that they turned up in the end.

All the lawns mown.

Nearly fecking killed me.
              I need to do some digging this weekend. Had a new driveway laid to accommodate new (lottery win) car, and part of that was 'scorched earth' policy on existing 'garden'. So I need to dig out the remaining roots, half bricks and lumps of general crap before deciding whether to plant or lawn it.

Comment

Roast chicken thighs for tea, with a bag of plain crisps

I don't have much of an appetite in hot weather, but I'm sure I can add enough calories from beer to keep the fitness app wagging its finger and tutting at me

Comment

Tonight's movie extravaganza commenced with Death Wish, which I may have seen many years ago, but didn't remember, so maybe I hadn't. It was OK, in a 1970s kind of way.

I followed that with Predator, which I definitely have never seen before. It's OK, but it's no Alien

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Rain and thunder in the air so The Dog has been awake and trembling since 4.30am
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's movie extravaganza commenced with Death Wish, which I may have seen many years ago, but didn't remember, so maybe I hadn't. It was OK, in a 1970s kind of way.

I followed that with Predator, which I definitely have never seen before. It's OK, but it's no Alien

Goodnight all
                      Of the Alien oevre, I think I liked "Aliens" most.

I remember seeing Death Wish in the kinema many years ago, and it gets conflated with Death Wish II for some reason.

Predator is good too.

I slept surprisingly well considering the temperature.

Got woken by the thunder at about 03:00 or so, along with the noise of the rain hammering on the windows.

It's much cooler now and the sky is a uniform grey with added bits of very dark grey verging on black to liven things up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X