• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outpopping accomplished, resulting in one appointment for a checkup at the dentist, replacing the one they cancelled in February and which I hadn't got around to rescheduling; and the monthly prescription collected from the chemists. It's a very pleasant day out there, even if the only reason I have to venture out in it is to run medical errands

Now, back to the second cupboard

Comment

Loads of gardening stuff done
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Second cupboard went up very smoothly. Turns out repeatedly re-measuring everything to make sure paid off as, when I slid it down onto its brackets, it went into place right up against the first one, with the tops almost perfectly aligned; a quick twiddle of the adjustment screw brought them perfectly level, and with a couple of screws through the side panel, they're as well lined up as if they were a single unit

Now trying to find YouTube videos that explain how these damn hinges work, so I can work out how to get the doors on

Comment

Measure twice and cut once.

Very good advice.

My corner cabinet fitted as well as one might expect considering how difficult it is to fit a 90 degree item into a non 90 degree bit of building.

In a case of no good deed should go unpunished, I allowed two of the esteemed customers to work on until five, thus missing two trains.

The one I finally caught was 15 minutes late of course.

Comment

Good to see that our Glorious Leaderene seems as incompetent as most other holders of the job.

Comment

Doors fitted, including affixing handles thereto; and the food that has been cluttering the worktops is now in residence

Definitely more room in there, as you would expect from the new cupboards being taller and deeper

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Good to see that our Glorious Leaderene seems as incompetent as most other holders of the job.
                I've missed the start but I'm going to watch the interrogation on BBC1 now - hopefully iPlayer will let me view from the start.

Comment

Off to band practice now - going to try out a new backing vocalist.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Found an unused recycling bin, which is now well and truly used, being full of the various boxes that had accumulated during the course of the cabinet workings. I'm knackered now, but I suppose I'd better sort my dinner out in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I've missed the start but I'm going to watch the interrogation on BBC1 now - hopefully iPlayer will let me view from the start.
                      Well, I dunno about "strong and stable" - she seemed generally dithery, unable to cope with anything other than repeating a few stock phrases over and over; and on occasion there was something about the eyes and the cast of her mouth that made me wonder if she's on the verge of a complete breakdown

She's out of her depth as PM, that's for sure. I think she would be even without Brexit. She's going to crack sooner rather than later

Comment

Working...
                      X