• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Woke like a lark at 06:05.

Just because it's Sunday.

Any other day it's a struggle.
    I've been awake since 6.30
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice and sunny out there, and going to remain so for the most part according to the forecast

I woke at around half six, then again at around half seven, again at eight, and finally decided to take the hint and wake up properly half an hour ago.

Comment

Trying to summon up the energy to crack on with the kitchen. You'd thing being scarcely able to manoeuvre around the flat due to the number of flat pack cabinets and such leaning against things would be a motivating circumstance, but it turns out I'm quite adept at sidling through narrow gaps

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Trying to summon up the energy to crack on with the kitchen. You'd thing being scarcely able to manoeuvre around the flat due to the number of flat pack cabinets and such leaning against things would be a motivating circumstance, but it turns out I'm quite adept at sidling through narrow gaps
          Tell me about it.

The amount of junk that's in what is supposed to be my sitting room is quite remarkable.

However, with the HD tv on top of the crt tv and shedloads of VHS cassettes on what would laughably be termed the dining table, plus the two remaining chairs from an ancient 3 piece suite and ZeitMog's favourite chair, it's a bit crammed.

And I haven't even mentioned the toppling piles of dvds and the bookshelves full of books I'm very unlikely ever to read again.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I've been awake since 6.30
            I quite happily dozed through whatever was on R4 until 08:10 when the godbothering started.

Clare Balding featured in there somewhere along with Farming Today.

Does anyone else remember the sports programme that used to afflict R4 in the days before Today became a 6 days a week prog?

I can still hum the theme tune to it though it automatically got switched off as soon as I heard it.

In other news I've got a zit.

I haven't had a zit in donkey's years.

Maybe it's not a zit but something worse.

Lunch was breast of lamb, stuffed, with the addition of a lamb's heart, stuffed, which resulted in a very full Zeity, stuffed.

Comment

Gardening done. No cleaning done. Of out shopping.

Comment

Second coat on end wall done

Need to let that dry for a bit now, then I can start work on the cabinets adjacent to it - I've decided to do that side of the chimney breast first, as getting the base unit in place and the worktop done will give me somewhere to put all the stuff out of the cupboard at the other end when I do that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Second coat on end wall done

Need to let that dry for a bit now, then I can start work on the cabinets adjacent to it - I've decided to do that side of the chimney breast first, as getting the base unit in place and the worktop done will give me somewhere to put all the stuff out of the cupboard at the other end when I do that
                  Whatever you do don't take a break!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Whatever you do don't take a break!
                    Have to, otherwise the paint will be on my left elbow and not the wall

Anyway, I'm better if I'm doing specific tasks and having a break between them - the next one is taking down and dismantling cabinets, so being in the swing of painting doesn't really help. I may even go to the tip at some point

Comment

I dislike shopping. Fecksake. I had to listen to two guys in their early 20s have a conversation about "she said, she did" in a long queue and then have teenagers fecking around in a shop annoying the staff.

Comment

Working...
                      X