• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all Murky out, but neighbour walked the dog.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Seemed ok to me, but then I'm famous for watching crap all the way to the little white dot at the end.

"Bones" is a classic example of that, where all the enjoyment departed hence around Season 7 or so & I kept on watching the increasingly tedious crap all the way to S12, which, by happy coincidence, was a 13 ep season, for which relief much thanks.

In fact, in contrast to the end of "Person of Interest" and "Grimm", the relief at its demise was distinctly palpable & I'd have been quite happy if they'd all <spoiler>fecking died in the explosion.
      I'm never hugely convinced when the hive mind on Twitter and such places insists that something is terrible, or good come to that. I watched Prometheus and thought it was pretty entertaining if you're in the mood for spaceships and Alien-related stuff, but apparently I'm supposed to hate it (and the new one that's just come out).

As far as I can tell, the reason I'm supposed to hate it isn't anything to do with it as such, but that it's not the same film as a different film that came out thirty years ago

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm never hugely convinced when the hive mind on Twitter and such places insists that something is terrible, or good come to that. I watched Prometheus and thought it was pretty entertaining if you're in the mood for spaceships and Alien-related stuff, but apparently I'm supposed to hate it (and the new one that's just come out).

As far as I can tell, the reason I'm supposed to hate it isn't anything to do with it as such, but that it's not the same film as a different film that came out thirty years ago
        Indeed it was OK, not Great. Special Effects better than the story.

As my exes know though, once you have had the best its downhill from there!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just discovered that the wife of a chap I worked with 25 years ago popped her clogs in 2015.

It's amazing wot's on this interweb thing.

Comment

It's looking a bit cloudy in the Caymans:

https://royalpalmscayman.com/southcam/

Comment

Just got myself a place at the AWS Summit down at Excel in Docklands in late June, and booked a room at the adjacent Premier Inn. Looks like I'll be doing the same procedure as last year: drive down from Cambridgeshire the night before, then drive home afterwards. But I'll be able to go to ClientCo on either the Monday or Friday, and avoid losing a day's billing like I did last year

Might make it the Friday, as that's the day they send out for bacon cobs and such

Comment

Sausage roll for lunch...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I feel

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I feel
                    After giving MF's missus a good seeing to?

Seriously - <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      It's looking a bit cloudy in the Caymans:

https://royalpalmscayman.com/southcam/
                      Looking very Gotterdammerung.

I think I can see the four horsemen in the far distance.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 19 May 2017, 13:24.

Comment

Working...
                      X