• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    And to make matters worse, it's chuffing cold out too.
    With winter drawing in what do you expect?

You should have made the most of summer while it lasted....

Comment

Home!

The maps app alerted me to a closure of the M1; just checked, and it's closed both ways just south of here due to an HGV-versus-car incident

Unfortunately, despite knowing about this at Kettering, it encouraged me to continue on the A14 until the last possible junction, even though the one before is a much better route. So I ended up taking an extremely rural diversion to Lutterworth. Then, when we got there, it tried to direct me back on to the M1, despite freely acknowledging that this would (at the then-current estimate) add about two hours to the journey

I ignored it and headed into Lutterworth, where it then alerted me to some roadworks ahead and directed me to turn off. It then became apparent that it was trying to send me back to the motorway junction again

So, not being familiar with that stretch of countryside, I resolutely drove in roughly the right direction as and when the lanes permitted until it finally gave up on the motorway and took me back to the road north from Lutterworth, but after the roadworks.

Oh, and by this time it was snowing

Well, it was more a mixture of rain and sleet with occasional flakes. Anyway, that continued most of the way home, where I finally arrived about twenty minutes after I would have expected. And here, it's nice and sunny, if cold out

Comment

Sounds like a lovely restful journey home. 1915.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Sounds like a lovely restful journey home. 1915.
          It gets me out and about

Comment

So cold I've put my heating on for an extra hour.

Oh and I still see people walking down the street in t-shirts I presume they are all from Eastern Europe rather than the North as I'm in London especially as one asked me to point me to the only Laundrette in the area. I presume the other one closed down due to it being nearly the same price to buy a new duvet as getting it washed.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Torrential downpour out there now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Torrential downpour out there now
                My grass is fecking brown. I'm going to have to go and bloody water it soon then there will be a hose pipe ban in June followed by torrential rain and flooding a week later.

Comment

Mmm someone's post reminded me how I behaved more like a mature adult today. Though I was tempted to get the writer of an email in trouble. If you are going to make sexist comments don't do a Nastase and ensure they are recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    So cold I've put my heating on for an extra hour.
                    Fortunately my new car has heated seats and really good hot air blowers, so I can still drive topless at near zero degrees!

Comment

Ooh err missus...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X