• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I seem to have got there at the same time as people who don't like veg, though neither do I so I'm not going to fault them for that

I was thinking that they might be buying other, better stuff elsewhere, but the chap behind me with the alleged chicken bits looked like he had his entire shop for the week in there
    Didn't you recognise MF popping out for lunch?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The fruit & veg in Neath market costs more than Tesco's.

Comment

Have I mentioned that human remains have dreamed up a training course for appraisers (as in annual review type) and a separate one for appraisees (as in annual review type).

WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The fruit & veg in Neath market costs more than Tesco's.
          Is Neath market a farmer's market where they smear mud on the fruit and veg?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Is Neath market a farmer's market where they smear mud on the fruit and veg?
            Having bought it from Tesco and emptied it out of the plastic bags it came in.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nah, it's a pretty ancient (1837) indoor market with stalls & such like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neath_Indoor_Market

Some of the root veg still shows hints of being dug up.

In other news, the 2nd chunk of breast of lamb has been consumed.

It was even nicer than yesterday's.

Yum.

Comment

Chicken and chips for tea, neither of them from Iceland

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  In other news, the 2nd chunk of breast of lamb has been consumed.

It was even nicer than yesterday's.

Yum.
                  I like breast of lamb, but it can be surprisingly hard to find round here.

Comment

Just been out the back. It's cold and windy out there

Clear sky so nice stars and planets, though

Comment

It's blinking freezing out there.

I may put the electric blanket back on the bed.

Brrrrrr.

This evening's entertainment began with five oh, followed by NCIS LA sans Miguel Ferrer (tribute caption was at the end of last week's ep), followed by "The Big Thinker, S2E14 of "The Avengers" with Cathy Gale at her leather clad pre Bond best.

"The Avengers" The Big Thinker (TV Episode 1962) - IMDb

Today the writing isn't all in red.

The Big Thinker in question was some form of computer, though all we saw of it was the odd spool of tape and a teleprinter.

The AVOmeter made a nice accessory.

One of the guests was a Mr Anthony Booth, who spent a lot of time chewing the furniture.

Yesterday evening's entertainment was provided by a bootleg copy of "Cellular" which when it wasn't stuttering was quite entertaining.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337921/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I thought the dvd cover looked a bit dodgy in the charity shop, but it was when I looked at the dvd & found it was blue that gave the game away.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 24 April 2017, 21:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X