• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    exclusion? Epic journey more like....
    Typo

Strava seemed to think it epic was at any rate.

https://www.strava.com/activities/955156077
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      On the subject of encrusted grease, I set about the cooker hood yesterday evening*. The front face of it was clean (being perfectly at eye level and so deserving of a wipe every so often) whilst I was aware the top of it was somewhat gungey if one were to go to the trouble of looking. It was spotting the underneath which prompted action

Anyway, the bottom bit comes off, and I found a kettle full of boiling water was just the ticket to loosen the grease which then just needed wiping off.

The cooker hood isn't a piece of equipment I ever bother with, but even so I was somewhat disturbed to find the previous residents had disposed of the filter paper and substituted an old tee-shirt. That would be at least 5 years ago.

* feck knows why, but I got into an 'I've started, so i'll finish' frame of mind.
      Recently I cleaned our extractor filter. A wire mesh. Soda crystals and boiling water. Not the most effective way. When Mrs BP was a chef they used water and soda crystals in the deep fat fryer. THen switched them on.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Typo

Strava seemed to think it epic was at any rate.

https://www.strava.com/activities/955156077
        17mph very impressive...

Comment

17mph very impressive...
          Not too shabby. That's the moving average though. What that link doesn't show is the two 30 min stops for food and a stretch. Overall average was a shade over 15mph.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

17mph very impressive...
            I managed that on the M25 once, almost got the car into 3rd gear.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Doom!

Clientco have been recruiting additional persons. This has caused a desk move to be instigated. I'm unaffected except that the PM has moved from opposite me to next to me and the Monday Lunchtime to Thursday Lunchtime working BigConsultancy person who was next to me has been relocated elsewhere. There will now be much interruption from assorted clientco grownups in what was hitherto a quiet backwater.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Clientco have been recruiting additional persons. This has caused a desk move to be instigated. I'm unaffected except that the PM has moved from opposite me to next to me and the Monday Lunchtime to Thursday Lunchtime working BigConsultancy person who was next to me has been relocated elsewhere. There will now be much interruption from assorted clientco grownups in what was hitherto a quiet backwater.
                It will be the first few days fake smiling that will be the hardest
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well, fortunately he's buggering off on holiday for a fortnight as of Thursday. Unfortunately he was mumbling about extensions too....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    take the knob off and pop it through the dishwasher!
                    Afternoon denizens

Grey day out there

Comment

At least it is Monday links day.
                      Now up

Comment

Working...
                      X