• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Well, it's all parts of the control unit really - the element is about the only clean bit, due to having been submerged in oil all the time

Apparently it's possible to achieve good things in the realm of encrusted oil residue removal using sodium bicarbonate. I had some bicarb in the kitchen cupboard but it appears to have been chucked away, so I shall experiment and report back once I get some

Also, what dishwasher?
    It is another human, especially child in larger families, or machine that washes your dishes for you.

The machine version complains least...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      It is another human, especially child in larger families, or machine that washes your dishes for you.

The machine version complains least...
      I've got a couple of those things that store washing up liquid in the handle and have a sponge/scourer on the end with a little hole behind it to let said washing up liquid seep into it. With them (one non-stick-safe, one not) it takes me about two minutes tops to do the washing up, which is faster than either a machine or a child

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all

Legs a little wobbly after yesterdays excursion on the bike.

Was about to get up and leave for client co. but Cat has has decided that its more important that I remain seated and deliver the attention he so clearly deserves.

Last edited by DaveB; 24 April 2017, 07:42.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Morning all

Legs a little wobbly after yesterdays exclusion on the bike.
              exclusion? Epic journey more like....

Comment

At least it is Monday links day.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Also, what dishwasher?
                  Ah yes. You are single...

Comment

On the subject of encrusted grease, I set about the cooker hood yesterday evening*. The front face of it was clean (being perfectly at eye level and so deserving of a wipe every so often) whilst I was aware the top of it was somewhat gungey if one were to go to the trouble of looking. It was spotting the underneath which prompted action

Anyway, the bottom bit comes off, and I found a kettle full of boiling water was just the ticket to loosen the grease which then just needed wiping off.

The cooker hood isn't a piece of equipment I ever bother with, but even so I was somewhat disturbed to find the previous residents had disposed of the filter paper and substituted an old tee-shirt. That would be at least 5 years ago.

* feck knows why, but I got into an 'I've started, so i'll finish' frame of mind.

Comment

Morning all last week invoicing the current ClientCo, and just found out that one of my old clients has been bought out. That either means I'll get a call soon about 2 years of integration, or more likely calls from permies in the IT department wanting info on the job market.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X