• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I see that in General, specifically, things haven't improved overmuch.

There seems to be a surfeit of new idiots.
      General is still a cess pit in Calcutta.

Comment

Breast of lamb duly cooked & eaten.

It was very nice, the stuffing adds so much to the gravy.

Yum.

Both houses roughly vacced.

Shed floor given 2nd coat of floor paint where it needs it most.

Back to work tomorrow.

Early retirement is looking more attractive each and every day.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

All looking a bit Simpsons out there today

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            I've not been out in Leicester in a little while - had a quick pint in the Globe the other week.

Last I heard the Charlotte was shut, Criterion was open again and the Salmon has gone a bit downhill since the new brewery took over. How are things down your end of town NF?
            Similar: the Swan & Rushes has closed as the existing lessee wanted out for family reasons, and a new one hasn't been found (and might not even want to employ all the ex-P&T people who were there anyway). The Black Horse has still got the obnoxious chap running it; I only go in there now if I'm on my way home from the Criterion, which is one of the few remaining places I go in town, but weirdly insists on shutting at eleven even on weekends

Comment

test please delete

So our walk up the country lane next to the house lasted 2 minutes as Mr C summer sandals got covered in smelly dog tulip that he managed to find under some leaves.

Once he's cleaned it off we'll try again.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                So our walk up the country lane next to the house lasted 2 minutes as Mr C summer sandals got covered in smelly dog tulip that he managed to find under some leaves.

Once he's cleaned it off we'll try again.

Comment

Lasted one lap of the 3 Stage Trial. Arthritic thumbs and wrists from breaking them in 1984, have just resurfaced. Getting older is not fun. Mine and body in different decades! 🤐
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Trip to Lidl(tm): £15 of assorted Lidl(tm) goodies, most of which I've probably got already.

Tesco: £19 of boring food type stuff.

Railway station: £12.70 for weekly season once the chap in front of me in the queue had his queries sorted out by the ticket seller. Longest 7.5 minutes of my life, after the last 10 minutes in a similar queue before Xmas.

Morrisons: £6 on random stuff that looked like a good idea at the time.

Comment

Flat pack furniture fun for me today. I did a damn fine job of it too, including getting drawer handles drilled and fitted to perfectly align.

Was going to pop out and have a drink but realised, due to Sunday trading hours, my venue of choice would be closing about half an hour after I got there. Got my cocktail book out and am seeing what home made stuff I can concoct.

Comment

Working...
                      X