• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrr. Annoyed now. Starting to plan a 2-4 month break then get a phone call from an agent for a role starting in mid May. Reasonable rate, 12 months, WFH. CV has been put forward.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Grrr. Annoyed now. Starting to plan a 2-4 month break then get a phone call from an agent for a role starting in mid May. Reasonable rate, 12 months, WFH. CV has been put forward.
      That's the spirit
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        At least you can rest assured the delivery company totally lived up to their reputation
        To be fair, he actually arrived with the goods, so this chap clearly isn't trying hard enough to disappoint his customers

Though as somebody pointed out, one of the major problems with most (or possibly all) delivery companies is that they don't view the people they're delivering to as customers, only the companies they're delivering on behalf of. Even though those companies are passing on the cost of delivery to their customers, the deliverees…

Comment

Or

Your choice, really

Comment

The WFH bit could be just what the doctor ordered
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

With the delivery out of the way, I went forth and did the shopping

Looking out of my kitchen window when I was about to head out, I could just see the roof of a van (more accurately the ladder on its roof) parked inside the gate, which would block me in. I thought about waiting for a bit, but decided to head out and see if I could find whoever's van it was working on a neighbouring property and get them to move it. Good job I did: he'd finished his work and the van was there because when he went to leave, he'd found he didn't have a key for the gate (which I'd locked after bringing my boxes in, the bins having been emptied by then), and there was nobody around to open it for him

Comment

Since it's Friday, it's fish, the last of the BBE 2014 packet.

I cooked it rather less so it was much more palatable today.

With the added luxury of some garlic bread.

I am now completely stuffed.

Cleaning ZeityTowers so that there is some remote chance of moving in there sometime soon.

Comment

Porterhouse steak for tea - a good-sized one, too

Time for a beer and a film, I reckon

Comment

Morning all Going to take The Dog (tw) for a walk in the bluebells.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sunny, dry, cool.

Must be building up to something.

Comment

Working...
                      X