• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet here today

Having one of those days where you go to start on something and the very first thing you discover is that the thing you made last week fails drastically under perfectly normal circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Quiet here today

Having one of those days where you go to start on something and the very first thing you discover is that the thing you made last week fails drastically under perfectly normal circumstances
      So Suity was your fault then?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home!

Made it back in the mythical 1h 18m that Google Maps so often promises, but which the road network usually fails to deliver

Comment

Well there's the funeral in Ferndale done & dusted.

Managed to find the chapel of rest after phoning the undertakers again, turned out to be 100 yards further down the road up a side turning.

The road from Aberdare is remarkable for its zigzag turns and enormously steep hill.

Managed to piss off someone coming up the hill by making him stop halfway up.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.70...4285,16z?hl=en

Monk street is bad enough, then it gets worse up Graig Place.
            Didn't realise you had to time things so that everyone had got up the hill before starting down it.

The chapel of rest was small and full to overflowing, so had to stand outside.

Had ZeitPater been taking the service it would have been audible outside, however the incumbent was a bit less stentorian.

This is the entrance to the chapel of rest.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.65...2!8i6656?hl=en

Thank feck that's over, maybe I can sleep properly again now.

Just the probate swearing/affirming on Thursday afternoon to do and I can relax for the weekend.

Until the ZeitNephew & the ZeitNephew's wife come to inspect the ZeitParents' house on Monday, which should cost me an arm and a leg taking them out for lunch.

Home!

Made it back in the mythical 1h 18m that Google Maps so often promises, but which the road network usually fails to deliver

Last edited by zeitghost; 11 April 2017, 17:39.

Comment

I see Windows Vista is EOL today. I went to Microsoft's place in Reading for a one-day conference the week it was launched. Also had to apply some rebranding to a radio station website the week before for a promotional tie-in.

No, wait, it was for Hear It Buy It Burn It, which was the radio company's attempt to compete with iTunes and such. The Wayback Machine wasn't very good at capturing CSS-based sites in those days, but luckily I'd done a decent enough job of making sure the site still worked without its background texture images: https://web.archive.org/web/20070208...download_chart

Comment

I see Windows Vista is EOL today. I went to Microsoft's place in Reading for a one-day conference the week it was launched.
                The conference wasn't anything to do with Vista, or Microsoft really - they sponsored it and provided the venue and food.

There was a big inflatable "WOW" about six to eight feet high on a lawn outside the building we were in. Because Vista would wow people, you see. But it didn't

Here it is:

Comment

Watching some show on obesity.

Seems there is an major issue with healthcare professionals.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lovely full moon tonight, doing that thing where it goes behind a few wisps of thin cloud to make itself look scenic

I'm knackered. Have been all day. I need an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Is that the same full moon I saw this morning?

It's amazing how it can be in two places the same day.

Like.

I was about to watch a thing on BBC4 about 1066 & all that, until I discovered who was2073 presenting it.

So I watched the last ep of "Vera" instead.

Hope I sleep a bit better tonight.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 12 April 2017, 15:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X