• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer mmmm
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brandy for me this fine eve...
      Join IPSE

Comment

Early night for me, with the vague intention of Getting Stuff Done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Lovely sunny start out there

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Early night for me, with the vague intention of Getting Stuff Done tomorrow
          It worked! The big ring on the cooker wasn't working yesterday - it took ages to light, and then went out when the knob was released even though it had been on long enough to warm the thermocouple. I had a look while my coffee was brewing and it turned out I'd somehow knocked the burner slightly off its footing, such that the jets were above the thermocouple and not heating it. Put it back in place properly, and everything works again

So even if I don't achieve anything else, I can still feel like something useful got done with the day - and before 8am, too

Comment

Danger Will Robinson!

Danger Will Robinson!

Someone has substituted a pod NickFitz whilst we were asleep.

The RealNickFitz(tm) would never arise before noon if it wasn't a skool morn.

Comment

In another of the occasional series 'solutions to problems I didn't know existed', I spied the 'BBQ Sausage Roller' in the supermarket yesterday. According to the blurb "Cooking sausages on the BBQ can be tricky".

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                In another of the occasional series 'solutions to problems I didn't know existed', I spied the 'BBQ Sausage Roller' in the supermarket yesterday. According to the blurb "Cooking sausages on the BBQ can be tricky".

And people said the Industrial Revolution was a waste of time

Comment

In the Getting Stuff Done department, I've just spent ten minutes or more on the phone to O2 Customer Services.

Last December I got them to send me a free PAYG SIM for my iPad Pro, but whenever I tried to add credit to it, it threw me to an error screen. I tweeted at them, and they said the SIM was "not yet active" and I needed to talk to Customer Services.

So, nearly four months on, I've finally got around to it.

And the problem turned out to be that I was using the email address I always use for O2. I use different email prefixes to identify different things I've signed up for, and they get [email protected]. The bloke suggested trying a different email address, and it took me straight to the payment screen.

He hazarded a guess that this was because my iPad 2 already uses this email address, and the system was getting confused because that's already activated. I pointed out that this was unutterably stupid (though not quite in those terms, as it's not his fault) and although he didn't express wholehearted agreement in so many words, he didn't dispute my characterisation of the situation.

So there we have it: somebody at O2 designed a system that assumes nobody will ever own more than one iPad on PAYG. I assume that punters who don't own a domain, giving them unlimited email addresses, are forced to hop over to Gmail or Yahoo and register a new one solely for this purpose

I've noticed this kind of lackadaisical attitude to PAYG customers at O2 before. They seem to feel that people who won't sign up for a contract deserve to be treated as second class citizens. One of their Customer Service people once told me "To be honest, we don't get many iPhones on PAYG"

Comment

No idea why but I bought a roasting joint on Friday with the usual intention.

I can't be arsed with the faffing on such a nice day so I'm getting the slow cooker out and googling some recipes.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

yesterday

started with a fry up that Nick Fitz would be proud of Bacon, Black pudding, links, Lorne & eggs.

Planted strawberries with Mini V, watering the hanging baskets.
                      after rubbing down the stairs, going out to get a nail punch because I can't find my old one.
                      Going into the indian tool emporioum & spending £25 on weird tools but no nail punch.

I went to wilkos to find indeed they sell them at a very reasonable £2.49 but they also sell small bushes so I came back with a Goji Berry & Tayberry to fill the garden with. Mrs V pointed out she would like some lawn left so in pots they go the patios are too big anyway.

Finished off with a burger from Woodys and a nice pinot grigio yes I know its not white with burgers but it was cold.

Today a load of paperwork & probably a barbie.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X