• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork steaks for tea

Suppose I'd better get my act together and head into town

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I suspect it's posts deleted today while bored.
        Leave only footprints.

Comment

Home again!

And a good time was had by all

I'm out of training for this pubbing stuff though. I need to get out more

After the first pub, which sticks to the traditional eleven o'clock closing time even at weekends, we stopped off at the pub we started going to after our regular pub was demolished by the Polytechnic, but eventually stopped going to because of the bloke who took it over.

He still refuses to talk to me any more than he has to. He's scarcely exchanged a word with me since the time, several years ago, that he suddenly unleashed a torrent of verbal abuse on me because I was sitting quietly in the corner of the lounge, reading a book. Neither I nor anybody else who was present knows why this offended him so much

Anyway, tonight he went so far as grunting something that sounded similar to the word "What?" at me as I waited at the bar. I asked for a pint of Beacon, a half of Sharp's (don't ask me, it was for John from Diesel Park West) and a pint of Old Original; he got them, he put them on the bar in front of me, he took the note I proffered, he gave me my change, and he walked away to the other bar without so much as another word. Not even a sound. Nothing.

It can't be the act of reading; he took some pride in putting books of his own on the shelves in the lounge in place of stock ones from the brewery, once his long-term tenancy of the place was confirmed.

I think he just doesn't like me. Ho hum

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

It transpires that the father of the ZeitNephew's wife has just popped his clogs following a cardiac arrest.

He was brought back by the paramedics but died a day later in hospital.

Ho very hum.

Seem to be surrounded by it at the moment.

Must be my ever advancing age. 2737.

It'll be time to get the funeral suit out again soon.

Comment

Beautiful day here, The Dog (tw) has been walked, The Wife (tm) is packing her bags, we're off to the airport soon
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

He still refuses to talk to me any more than he has to. He's scarcely exchanged a word with me since the time, several years ago, that he suddenly unleashed a torrent of verbal abuse on me because I was sitting quietly in the corner of the lounge, reading a book. Neither I nor anybody else who was present knows why this offended him so much

Anyway, tonight he went so far as grunting something that sounded similar to the word "What?" at me as I waited at the bar. I asked for a pint of Beacon, a half of Sharp's (don't ask me, it was for John from Diesel Park West) and a pint of Old Original; he got them, he put them on the bar in front of me, he took the note I proffered, he gave me my change, and he walked away to the other bar without so much as another word. Not even a sound. Nothing.

It can't be the act of reading; he took some pride in putting books of his own on the shelves in the lounge in place of stock ones from the brewery, once his long-term tenancy of the place was confirmed.

I think he just doesn't like me.
                    Ho hum
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Those things seem to go in cycles - trouble is as you get older those cycles seem to both go and longer and have fewer gaps between cycles..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X