• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I sold what had been £10k of HBOS shares for £938 last year.

Another fantastic ZeitInvestment(tm).
    Ouch
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I sold what had been £10k of HBOS shares for £938 last year.

Another fantastic ZeitInvestment(tm).
      At least you got something back.

I bought Marconi shares at the time when they had just halved from £2'ish. I got in at a bargain price of 98p
      Bought a few times on the way down to average out as I believed in the tech

In the end it was penny shares and eventually got a warrant for shares in another company or could donate.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        At least you got something back.

I bought Marconi shares at the time when they had just halved from £2'ish. I got in at a bargain price of 98p
        Bought a few times on the way down to average out as I believed in the tech

In the end it was penny shares and eventually got a warrant for shares in another company or could donate.
        I remember reading about some unfortunate lady who'd bought when they were £12.

Comment

So I get invited to some random meeting about random stuff I know nothing about. However someone doesn't sent me a link to the online meeting thing. I only realise this after I've rushed back from doing stuff and filling my car up...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Couple of pumps closed at the petrol station, so I've spent most of my lunch break gazing at the back of some stranger's car while listening to boring news on Radio 4

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              So I get invited to some random meeting about random stuff I know nothing about. However someone doesn't sent me a link to the online meeting thing. I only realise this after I've rushed back from doing stuff and filling my car up...
              Sue, was there a bloke behind you at the pumps looking bored?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Couple of pumps closed at the petrol station, so I've spent most of my lunch break gazing at the back of some stranger's car while listening to boring news on Radio 4
              Nick, was the stranger in front rushing like she was late for a meeting?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nope.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Temptation oh Temptation.

VR has just reared its ugly head again.

Decisions decisions.

It's not enough (about £8k) to make it worthwhile, but at least I'd be out of here & free, free I tell ye, free.

Comment

I've found out what Bob was writing about all those weeks ago. Having turned it into English, read it back to myself and thought 'huh?', it's been sent back to me on grounds of it being complete bollux*. So a point to whoever it was suggested i'd be re-writing it.

* - in fairness to Bob, I can understand why too since it's a spaghetti bowl of configurable elements. I am drawing a visio picture though, which WILL paint 1000 words. If it fecking well kills me

Comment

Temptation oh Temptation.

VR has just reared its ugly head again.

Decisions decisions.

It's not enough (about £8k) to make it worthwhile, but at least I'd be out of here & free, free I tell ye, free.
                      Pension paid up to retirement or just lump sum with nothing else?
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X