• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

It's raining here

I was on target for a good time, but there's a car broken down at the lights about a mile away, causing chaos: it's in the lane for turning left, so people like me who turn left there were getting into that lane way back where it's still a bus lane because of the queue, then when we got to the junction and found the car there we had to get back out in the adjacent lane to get round it. That malarkey added something like fifteen minutes to the journey

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Home!

It's raining here

I was on target for a good time, but there's a car broken down at the lights about a mile away, causing chaos: it's in the lane for turning left, so people like me who turn left there were getting into that lane way back where it's still a bus lane because of the queue, then when we got to the junction and found the car there we had to get back out in the adjacent lane to get round it. That malarkey added something like fifteen minutes to the journey
      If I wasn't still in the office, you'd get a . As it is, my giveatulipometer has barely flickered.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        If I wasn't still in the office, you'd get a . As it is, my giveatulipometer has barely flickered.
        I'm still working as well.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Remember, there'll be a test at the end

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I'm still working as well.
            /

*Delete as appropriate
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Remember, there'll be a test at the end
              There was for you - turning left from the second lane you crazy cat!

Comment

It's cold, wet, nasty and dark here.

A bit of a change from the sunshine of this very morn, but there you go.

I even had to break out the ZeitEmergencyUmbrella(tm) which doesn't happen often.

Should have taken a proper one with me this morning.

In other "news", my ex-brother in law used to work with Colin Dexter on some exam board or other for torturing the young with questions about classical languages.

ZeitSis was gutted that she never managed to get to meet him, being a fan of his work.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  It's cold, wet, nasty and dark here.

A bit of a change from the sunshine of this very morn, but there you go.

I even had to break out the ZeitEmergencyUmbrella(tm) which doesn't happen often.

Should have taken a proper one with me this morning.

In other "news", my ex-brother in law used to work with Colin Dexter on some exam board or other for torturing the young with questions about classical languages.

ZeitSis was gutted that she never managed to get to meet him, being a fan of his work.
                  His novel (also the second TV adaptation) The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn was based in an Oxford University examinations syndicate like the one he worked at. I wonder if any of his colleagues recognised themselves among the variously vain, venial, philandering, and murderous characters

I contracted at the Cambridge University examinations syndicate back in 2009 for about nine months, but I don't recall any murders. I doubt there was even much philandering going on

Comment

Anyone recommend any decent takeaways near Roman Road in Bow? Haven't been out up there for about 3 years and need a burger/kebab/similarly unhealthy stodge item to soak up some beer later.

Comment

Anyone recommend any decent takeaways near Roman Road in Bow? Haven't been out up there for about 3 years and need a burger/kebab/similarly unhealthy stodge item to soak up some beer later.
                      Has to be the Britannia Fish Bar in that area, you have until 11PM.

Unsure if you have been there before, top fish and chips and friendly staff.
                      I used to live just down the road, I once had a monster plaice from there, a good inch+ thick.

The people in the queue gasped when they took the beast out of the frier :

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_England.html
                      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 21 March 2017, 19:14.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X