• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learnt it isn't a good idea to read some comments to/from NLyUK while in a meeting with mic not on mute.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You could put a note on the gate facing inwards stating when it's locked and unlocked for bins OR just put a note through all the relevant neighbours - make sure you sign your name.
      Notes on the gate are generally ignored, judging by past responses to notices (not from me, usually from the residents' association chap who issues the keys) asking people to keep it locked

And the relevant neighbours constitute getting on for twenty houses, most of which are split into four or five flats. If they're anything like my place, fliers tend to pile up in halls, unread; so I doubt the message would reach most of them.

They'll get fed up with unlocking it before I get fed up with locking it. We've been down this road before, and They have no staying power

Comment

Apparently there's a Directors Cut with much in the way of changes.

I much preferred "Parker" with Jason Statham if I'm honest.

Nick: have you watched the Sky version of "The Bridge", entertainingly entitled "The Tunnel"?

The first one was ok, I've never got around to watching the 2nd one, in much the same way that I've not watched the London based "24".

Is anyone watching the 24 reboot with someone who appears not to be Kieffer Sutherland?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Apparently there's a Directors Cut with much in the way of changes.

I much preferred "Parker" with Jason Statham if I'm honest.

Nick: have you watched the Sky version of "The Bridge", entertainingly entitled "The Tunnel"?

The first one was ok, I've never got around to watching the 2nd one, in much the same way that I've not watched the London based "24".

Is anyone watching the 24 reboot with someone who appears not to be Kieffer Sutherland?
          No, I haven't bothered with that. If they do it in Danish and Swedish with English subtitles, I might give it a try

Comment

Post has just gone up on our 10k+ strong local community Facebook page advising the local MP is marking Women's day by coming and having a talk a local church. Last comment on the mail says...

(Men are welcome too but please note the event is to specifically discuss women's issues).

It's only been up 15 mins and it's going off already. Someone has already posted the sticks and stones video. Nice big bag of popcorn at the ready.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Post has just gone up on our 10k+ strong local community Facebook page advising the local MP is marking Women's day by coming and having a talk a local church. Last comment on the mail says...

(Men are welcome too but please note the event is to specifically discuss women's issues).

It's only been up 15 mins and it's going off already. Someone has already posted the sticks and stones video. Nice big bag of popcorn at the ready.
              Wasn't International Women' day on March 8th?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

The fat pooling at the bottom left quadrant of the frying pan reminds me that I need to get the spirit level out and adjust the feet on the new cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Notes on the gate are generally ignored, judging by past responses to notices (not from me, usually from the residents' association chap who issues the keys) asking people to keep it locked

And the relevant neighbours constitute getting on for twenty houses, most of which are split into four or five flats. If they're anything like my place, fliers tend to pile up in halls, unread; so I doubt the message would reach most of them.

They'll get fed up with unlocking it before I get fed up with locking it. We've been down this road before, and They have no staying power
                  Our dustmen have a pass key, the gate buzz locks behind them as they leave
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Our dustmen have a pass key, the gate buzz locks behind them as they leave
                    Ours are supposed to have a key, but it seems to be highly variable whether or not they know that they have one. Also, since the gate was installed about fourteen years ago recycling has become a separate bin and collection (though on the same day), but it seems nobody thought to give the recycling crew a key, so the gate needs to be left open anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Ours are supposed to have a key, but it seems to be highly variable whether or not they know that they have one. Also, since the gate was installed about fourteen years ago recycling has become a separate bin and collection (though on the same day), but it seems nobody thought to give the recycling crew a key, so the gate needs to be left open anyway
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X