• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Last of the chicken in a cob (wholemeal) for lunch

Quite pleased with what I've done this morning. I moved a bunch of somebody else's JavaScript into a jQuery plugin, worked out how to subclass Django/Selenium functional tests, and as a result have 72 test cases passing across the five different parts of the app the stuff is used in
    Good job NF

I spent the morning trying to figure out the broken way in which someone has set up clientco's data centre switches - for some reason they've gone with a sensible setup for the ports facing live servers and a "legacy" config for dev stuff.

It'd be fine if anyone who had a hand in setting this up was still here, or if they'd written any documentation - at all. As it is it's the usual thing of being parachuted in to make things work right now.

Comment

Very nice lunch today at Kerb on the Quay. Burger with pork belly. When one meat is not enough.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fecking postman - turns up when I'm in a meeting banging and ringing. The other posties know to do the round in the morning...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Fecking postman - turns up when I'm in a meeting banging and ringing. The other posties know to do the round in the morning...
          Why were you banging and ringing in a meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Stop being a grammar Nazi.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Cause she doesn't have a dog to give her a good pounding?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Definitely home before sunset today, by a good five minutes

Comment

Couldn't tell around here since it's been grey all day.

It's just a darker grey now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Couldn't tell around here since it's been grey all day.

It's just a darker grey now.
                    It was grey all the way home until the last ten miles or so when the clouds were higher, letting the setting sun through, and then there was a big gap in the clouds over this side of the city

Comment

That bloke who crashed into the tipper truck and then the shop round the corner, killing his two passengers, was jailed for nine years today. He also got a fifteen year driving ban to start when he's released - and, one hopes, after that he'll take his driving test, as he's never taken one till now

Comment

Working...
                      X