• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Devon, brought a load of wood with me, van unpacked and ready to be returned tomorrow. TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I seem to have started having an Al Pacino season: Donnie Brasco a week or two ago, Dog Day Afternoon last night, and Serpico tonight.

All very good; I vaguely remember Serpico being on the telly some time in the late 1970s, but I hadn't seen the other two before. I thought Dog Day Afternoon was particularly good, with the farcical nature of the beginning gradually descending into pathos as the personal weaknesses of the bank robbers, particularly Sonny, are revealed, before the tragedy of the ending.

Anyway, the wall has dried and looks excellent, though definitely in need of a second coat to finally vanquish the yellow; and the cooker is on its way. So I'd better get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another week at the fun factory.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            To be honest having watched what my gran's contents went for at auction I think you could mark both down as £0 and no one would bat an eyelid...
            The georgian chest of drawers is quite valuable, £1000 to £2000 ish.

There's a round tilting mother of pearl decorated chess board thingie that is probably worth about £500.

The very nice & expensive (when bought) Crown AY set of bedroom furniture is worth about £300 if you can find someone who wants it, which is unlikely.

I saw a Crown AY tallboy in a charity shoppe or emporium some time ago, so I'd be surprised if anyone did.

Sic transit gloria on mondays and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Another week at the fun factory.

I'm fecking stood in front of the feckers today.

It's going to interrupt my deletions.

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Warm out there again...
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Ommm...
                      Join IPSE